Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
She. Not it.

She.

And she goes way beyond 11.

:D

I'm too new, so I'm a bit iffy on the scaling and 10s place on it. Do you imply that she goes all the way to FOURTEEN?

Wow, just wow.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Yeah, they're coming to see me. They even say that they don't care, and they never criticize me on it. They also know I just started a new job, etc.

I just hate having company when the house is a mess, you know? :gaah

Mostly, I need to declutter and chuck a bunch of stuff. But that requires time, which I'm short of at the moment...

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Yeah, they're coming to see me. They even say that they don't care, and they never criticize me on it. They also know I just started a new job, etc.

Mostly, I need to declutter and chuck a bunch of stuff. But that requires time, which I'm short of at the moment...

Completely understand. It's awesome to have them come visit, but it'd be easier/better if prep work wasn't necessary.

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score

So...does that mean that 10 > 11?

*mind is blown*

:Hug2: I hear you!

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't we invent a 1 to 10 scale for this recently?

A 1 to 10 weird scale? I resent that. :D

Is that the scale with one being "Meh" and our very own Tens being "The Most Epically Epic Thing of All Epicness"?

Or a different scale?

Leave it to Cobra to turn me into something awesome :heart:

We're measuring 10 now?

:Wha:

Don't act like you don't want to, bro :D

Yeah, it goes all the way up to eleven.

(I promise to stop there)

Eeeeeh Spinal Tap! *rewatches*

She. Not it.

She.

That is the sweetest yet weirdest thing anyone has said to me today. :heart:

I'm not asking how you know that.

You're a wise one, young grasshopper. :D

*mangles quotes*

I'm too new, so I'm a bit iffy on the scaling and 10s place on it. Do you imply that she goes all the way to FOURTEEN?

Wow, just wow.

Why stop there?!

Not at all. Rather, there is no scale.

I like that and all it implies about pizza and chocolate.

So...does that mean that 10 > 11?

*mind is blown*

:Wha:

:ROFL:

Remark of the day goes to: ETOLA!

Sidenote, does anyone else have the urge to type Ebola?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't act like you don't want to, bro :D

When have I *ever* acted that way? ;)

Though, really, it wouldn't be with something as impersonal as a scale. Maybe hands. I hear hands are a unit of measurement.

Remark of the day goes to: ETOLA!

Sidenote, does anyone else have the urge to type Ebola?

I may, or may not, have spent several weeks thinking that was, in fact, her name.

:e2paperba

Etola

Registered
Reaction score
I've always misread it as Enola, like from the plane...

So I'm either a disease or carrying a nuclear payload. :( I think I liked it better when I was the Quiet Storm...

Oddly enough, years ago I came across a family tree I made in grade school, which suggested that my great-great-grandmother's name was actually spelled Etolla. However, if that is a more accurate spelling or was just bad spelling on the part of my child-self, I have no idea, since I've never been able to find an English-Iroquois dictionary.

ETA: Boston, didn't we chat a while back about this? I remember you being curious and offering to look into it, but I didn't know which of the Iroquois nations my ancestor was descended from.

Last edited:

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning!~

I am super happy today. I discovered that even though Word was not saving last night before it crashed (despite my constant nervous hitting of cmd+s), and although it refused to open the autosave version automatically (thereby making me think it didn't have one), there was an autosave version out there that I just had to find. I only lost 15 minutes of work instead of an hour and twenty. :D

And hopefully now the stupid thing is fixed.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ETA: Boston, didn't we chat a while back about this? I remember you being curious and offering to look into it, but I didn't know which of the Iroquois nations my ancestor was descended from.

Yes we did chat about that. And then this semester hit me, and a number of things I have wanted to do and offered to do in my free time have not happened, because free time has become something of an alien concept. I have not forgotten, though.

But that was long after I had you confused with something else. And really, is it so bad being mistaken for something so violently lethal it could be an end-time plague? This makes you a harbinger of the end, after all.

If nothing else, ought to offer a modicum of job security, being a harbinger.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
I have a group of students going to England for home stays some time next year. What kinds of questions do you think they'll be asked. What do Brits want to know about Japan, Japanese culture.

If you have had experience with Japanese kids in England, advice would be most appreciated. I have never been to England, so I thought I'd ask.

They might get asked about manga and anime... It's still a big thing here. They might also get asked about some of the more outrageous Japanese fashions, especially if they're girls or in a house with daughters.

automatically (thereby making me think it didn't have one), there was an autosave version out there that I just had to find. I only lost 15 minutes of work instead of an hour and twenty. :D

I'm really glad you've discovered that! It's saved the bacon of many a student I support that there are tmp files created that often don't get deleted if Word crashes. :)

Evening, Cantinerites! Today I discovered that I definitely need a lighted mirror that I don't have to physically hold to get my (new) contact lenses in and out. I also discovered that a decent one is freakin' expensive. I made £40 today sorting out a friend's computer and laptop and satnav and handed it all over for a mirror. Ouch. Oh well, at least I had a nice time chatting with her and a good lunch at her local curry place. :)

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm really glad you've discovered that! It's saved the bacon of many a student I support that there are tmp files created that often don't get deleted if Word crashes. :)

Evening, Cantinerites! Today I discovered that I definitely need a lighted mirror that I don't have to physically hold to get my (new) contact lenses in and out. I also discovered that a decent one is freakin' expensive. I made £40 today sorting out a friend's computer and laptop and satnav and handed it all over for a mirror. Ouch. Oh well, at least I had a nice time chatting with her and a good lunch at her local curry place. :)

Yeah the weird thing is that I save constantly, but apparently there's a bug that can occur where the apple software gets confused and doesn't actually save the document when it says it does. And last night I was too frustrated to figure out where the temporary files were on the Mac.

Curry...sooo jealous.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah the weird thing is that I save constantly, but apparently there's a bug that can occur where the apple software gets confused and doesn't actually save the document when it says it does. And last night I was too frustrated to figure out where the temporary files were on the Mac.

This just terrified me into saving my file as well as uploading the current version to G00gle Docs AND Dr0pBox.

Etola

Registered
Reaction score
Yes we did chat about that. And then this semester hit me, and a number of things I have wanted to do and offered to do in my free time have not happened, because free time has become something of an alien concept. I have not forgotten, though.

But that was long after I had you confused with something else. And really, is it so bad being mistaken for something so violently lethal it could be an end-time plague? This makes you a harbinger of the end, after all.

If nothing else, ought to offer a modicum of job security, being a harbinger.

Well, I guess it's not so bad, being either a harbinger or a carrier of a significant payload. However, let it be noted here that I wish to be known as Etola, Harbinger of Happiness, and that my payload is a joy bomb of smiles.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
This just terrified me into saving my file as well as uploading the current version to G00gle Docs AND Dr0pBox.

LOL! Better safe than sorry, I suppose. I think it's just a Mac thing. I've never had it do this to me with Windows. Windows will just crap out on you, not say that it has saved your document when it secretly has not. Mac's are sneaky, evil creatures.*

*Referring to the Apple product, not the admin. :ROFL:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Alright, as promised, here is the dire ad so you know I wasn't exaggerating. I glanced at the poor boy today when I went to get my trailer. His paddock is full of poo in areas but he looked okay until he got excited. Then he looked a little rough.

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/grd/2924759933.html

Etola

Registered
Reaction score
Alright, as promised, here is the dire ad so you know I wasn't exaggerating. I glanced at the poor boy today when I went to get my trailer. His paddock is full of poo in areas but he looked okay until he got excited. Then he looked a little rough.

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/grd/2924759933.html

Oh dear :( I do hope he finds a good hope with people who can take care of him!

Status
Not open for further replies.