• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Newbie Willing to Beta YA Fantasy WITHOUT a Swap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monnrella

Toward empowering teen girls.
Registered
Reaction score
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and well below my 50-post SYW limit (and I don't plan on being a drive-by poster), so I thought I'd offer up beta services as a way of giving back to the community in advance. I am interested in reading YA fantasy only, and I've got a very keen proofreading eye. I can spot pretty much any grammatical, punctuation, spelling, or even spacing error. I'd love to read your polished 80,000k or less YA fantasy novel for content/plot/general picture/characterization/stuff like that. You just tell me what you're looking for (as long as it's not line-by-line editing). My forte is dialogue, so if you need help with that, I'd love to help out!

Just PM me if interested! I can turn it around within a week or two, if not sooner.

Thanks!
~Monnrella

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I've got good vibes coming from you already. Hurry up, people. Offers this good may not last.

Maryn, smiling (see the dimple?)

Monnrella

Registered
Reaction score
LOL :ROFL:

And here I am, without nothing to send out to be read. *facepalm*

Anyway, Monnrella, thanks for
the offer! It's very nice of you. :Sun:

I plan on being around for awhile, Violeta! As soon as you finish your work of art, PM me :)

Also, everyone, I have a project right now (a fun one from geagar), so I'm closed to others for the moment. Thank you!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Did you really beta-read a full-length novel in the space of five hours? :eek: Damn. You're good.

Mustafa

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
exciting DAY ahead? Dude, I am seriously impressed! I had a friend that didn't know he was a speed reader. He thought it normal that he could read novels in a couple hours. Thought everyone could do that. I'm just curious becuase I've tried to take courses in speed reading, and I never get any traction. Do you have a secret for being a quick reader? My life would be so much more enjoyable if I could double my current speed: which is right now, generally, 10K words an hour.

Monnrella

Registered
Reaction score
exciting DAY ahead? Dude, I am seriously impressed! I had a friend that didn't know he was a speed reader. He thought it normal that he could read novels in a couple hours. Thought everyone could do that. I'm just curious becuase I've tried to take courses in speed reading, and I never get any traction. Do you have a secret for being a quick reader? My life would be so much more enjoyable if I could double my current speed: which is right now, generally, 10K words an hour.

Well, I don't think I'll quite be able to finish today ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.