Not open for further replies.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Good Morning Friends!

And no, nothing yet with Chibi Kricket. I do have a doctor appointment later this morning (much later, seeing as it's only 2am here). So I'm hoping for some good news. Something in the form of "Good God woman! This baby be coming right now, get thee to the hospital!" would be nice.

*sigh* That is doubtful though. I gotta stop raising mine, and everyone else's, hopes. I'm driving my self crazy, and there ain't much left to drive in the first place. :)

Do you have one of those giant exercise balls? Sitting on one of those and bouncing lightly is supposed to help the baby engage and BRING ON THE LABOR!!!!!!!!!

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kricket, having a lot of sex is supposed to help :D

Just got back from an emergency visit to the vet. Timmy's paw hurt so much (all of a sudden) that he wailed and cried out all the time. He couldn't stand on it or use it. I have no idea what happened, one moment he's standing in my kitchen waiting for his food, the next he's crying out and attacking Anyanka in a panic.

Now, you gotta know that Timber is very tough on himself and when he makes a sound, things hurt. So I called the vet (who also knows this) and he stayed in during his lunch break so I could come in. X-rays were made, he was examined, etc, but they couldn't find anything. The foot wasn't broken and it hurt too much for a sprain. So now the vet thinks he has an acute inflammation + abcess in his foot that suddenly increased pressure on his nerves. I doubt this diagnosis, but what can you do? He got antibiotics and painkillers, and it should be better by Monday.

While I was there, he also offered to look at Anyanka because her head is getting bald (even though her hair loss should be fixed by the meds she's been taking for her thyroid issues) and she's vomiting almost every day. He's mystified by the continuing hair loss, but she got meds for her stomach.

So that makes four kinds of meds for Timmy per day and three for Anyanka. All with different dosages and different frequencies.

I made a roster in Excel :D

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
BWA-HA-HA!

My local beekeeping chapter created a Yah00 Gr0up page, but had to classify it under "Pets".

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
*sigh* That is doubtful though. I gotta stop raising mine, and everyone else's, hopes. I'm driving my self crazy, and there ain't much left to drive in the first place. :)

Aw, come on Kricket. Existing here means the drive to crazy is a lot longer than we assume it must be.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from an emergency visit to the vet. Timmy's paw hurt so much (all of a sudden) that he wailed and cried out all the time. He couldn't stand on it or use it. I have no idea what happened, one moment he's standing in my kitchen waiting for his food, the next he's crying out and attacking Anyanka in a panic.

Now, you gotta know that Timber is very tough on himself and when he makes a sound, things hurt. So I called the vet (who also knows this) and he stayed in during his lunch break so I could come in. X-rays were made, he was examined, etc, but they couldn't find anything. The foot wasn't broken and it hurt too much for a sprain. So now the vet thinks he has an acute inflammation + abcess in his foot that suddenly increased pressure on his nerves. I doubt this diagnosis, but what can you do? He got antibiotics and painkillers, and it should be better by Monday.

While I was there, he also offered to look at Anyanka because her head is getting bald (even though her hair loss should be fixed by the meds she's been taking for her thyroid issues) and she's vomiting almost every day. He's mystified by the continuing hair loss, but she got meds for her stomach.

So that makes four kinds of meds for Timmy per day and three for Anyanka. All with different dosages and different frequencies.

I made a roster in Excel :D

You're a good pup-mum, 10s!

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
BWA-HA-HA!

My local beekeeping chapter created a Yah00 Gr0up page, but had to classify it under "Pets".

I think the queen might object to such patronizing categorization. The drones wouldn't care. :> The workers would just follow the queen...

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, come on Kricket. Existing here means the drive to crazy is a lot longer shorter than we assume it must be.

Dude! I hadda fix that for you, this is the Cantina after all.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Bos, I tried that. The wife didn't buy it.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Do you have one of those giant exercise balls? Sitting on one of those and bouncing lightly is supposed to help the baby engage and BRING ON THE LABOR!!!!!!!!!

I really wish I did. If things don't happen this morning, I think I'm going to go out and buy one.

Aw, come on Kricket. Existing here means the drive to crazy is a lot longer than we assume it must be.

Dude! I hadda fix that for you, this is the Cantina after all.

:roll:

Oh, and 10, that's next to try on my list. :e2brows: And I hope all those meds help your poor puppies. :)

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Now, you gotta know that Timber is very tough on himself and when he makes a sound, things hurt. So I called the vet

Poor Timmy! Give 'im an ear scritch from me! Give Anyanka one, too, 'cause of her upset tummy. Hope that starts getting better for her soon. And a big :Hug2: to you!

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Cor, there's not much on her, you're right. I did find she's mentioned in several other books, but not many. Even searching in Greek, I mostly only found references to a music group. :) However, I did find a couple of things on JSTOR. The main ones were that there may have been WAY more than three Erinyes and that Tisiphone was their leader. There is an argument about whether or not this was the case between two academics regarding the use of the word "agmina". According to one, she could call "columns" of her sisters ("vocat agmina saeva sororum" - "She called the ranks (literally columns, used in speaking of armies) of her savage sisters", from the Aeneid.) The other claims there are only three because "classically" that's how things were. I suspect he's read too much Robert Graves. The other guy makes a better case! Other tidbits: She was "The Avenger" and specifically haunted those who committed parricide. She was also mentioned in Dante's Inferno as trying to stop the poet and Virgil from entering Hell. I would be happy to email the articles if you want, but they're pretty dry and aren't really about her, just the Erinyes/dirae in general.

There are some pretty good passages about Tisiphone - her powers and how she looks - here (although I suspect you've already got this site, I'll post it anyway, though, just in case!):
http://www.theoi.com/Khthonios/Erinyes.html

I've verified the quotes I could in the books I have, so I'd guess they're all fairly accurate. Just bear in mind most of these are Romans writing about their version of the Erinyes, so may not reflect the original Greek ideas.

Thanks. Very much appreciated!

That's about where I'm at with her, but I like the Roman version of Furies the best, so that's OK. Yes, of the online resources, Theoi has been by far the most helpful.

It's interesting you mention her scene in Inferno, because some texts refer to her as guarding the gates to Tartarus. And that tidbit helps for my purposes immensely. :D

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
10s - Sometimes it's hard being the dog parent. *hugs for you and the pups*

Kricket - I hope the doctor has good news for you today. One of my good friends had her baby almost two weeks after her due date. She was sad they didn't induce sooner. So, nudge that doctor!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
10, Hugs for your pups and you.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all. Super big hug for 10. :Hug2:

I hope that you have the baby soon, Kricket. :)

*steals bunches of Ace's donuts and coffee and gets to work*

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
black-sheep-poster-1.jpg

:D
Thank you.

I will not get to sleep easily tonight.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
It's interesting you mention her scene in Inferno, because some texts refer to her as guarding the gates to Tartarus. And that tidbit helps for my purposes immensely. :D

Somehow I imagined an evil little chuckle accompanying that... Heh :) Ah, well - sorry I couldn't find anything more useful for you, but at least you can be sure you've got most of what's out there. :) Too bad I don't know Mary Beard better, I bet she could help... She's one of those people who just intimidate me by being in the same room, though. So many braaaains... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.