Complicated trilogy ending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beautiful letters

Kate got your tongue
Registered
Reaction score
I was just wandering what other authors do when they are in my situation, i finally reached the end of my trilogy and it took a complicated turn. I feel like I could make another book but I also think its possible to fit it all in the last book.

benluby

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Are you shoehorning a finish in that really doesn't wrap it up nice and neatly? What would be best for your readers, truthfully?
If you honestly see another book as doing right by your readers, then write another book. If you can sum it up nicely here and end it, then do so.
But don't shove an elephant in a shoebox. It's messy and pisses the elephant off.

Fantasmac

chronically underwhelmed
Registered
Reaction score
Unless you have contractual obligations, I don't see any reason not to write the books in the way that's best for the story. If the plot is bigger than one more book, why not write two?

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
So long as you wrap up the major conflicts, but leave a little something unsaid, or unanswered, "I" the reader will accept in most cases. Why? Another possible book???

beautiful letters

Kate got your tongue
Registered
Reaction score
well, I think i just thought of something pretty good that i could wrap it up safely. It is also nice because if i wanted to i could write a different book connected to it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.