• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

A few in the Q--want an assessment/help of the different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Most of the rules gotta go...
Registered
Reaction score
Hello--I have few novels (one a memior, two are adventure kinds of things). They have been written and remain in format as the keys were struck...
DEANNA: a story based on the true events within a family and the effects sexual abuse had on its survival and growth—what happened, how it felt and how several daughters were involved and affected. This is one woman’s story told in a graphic and free flowing style. Behaviors are explored and actual dialogue is recalled as events unfold for her and other family members and describe how each handled their early experience. The tragic early environment caused one daughter to be withdrawn, the second to be promiscuous and the third to unintentionally find relationships that were abusive themselves. As their lives developed (each is or would have been in her fifties) we learn one died early from cancer, another remains estranged from the rest of the family and the main character (my interview) has survived and is now a mature adult, having successfully raised two children and managed to enjoy a happy marriage—her choice. 91,000
VIGILANTE: is about an unusual exploration of vigilantism coupled with political corruption. The pages take one into the mind of one character, a veteran named Marty Capps and then through the formation of groups working under Homeland Security and their charge to eliminate the worse criminals.
While there are executions of individuals known to be guilty of heinous crimes to protect society at home, the war in Iraq is being waged abroad—while a powerful senator who is working to unseat the administration prosecuting the war—is behind several murders, starting with the contract to kill a prostitute he used who blackmailed her high powered clients. The senator’s proclivities include drugs, alcohol, sexual harassment, and voyeurism (one episode is supplied by an equally corrupt lobbyist) in Aruba. 104,000
THE ROSE/THE KILLERS: is a novel completed to tell the story of America (her people) and Al Qaeda—a young lady who was disabled and the perverted fanatics who desire to kill her.
The story follows a young lady in physical form as she grows and becomes involved with a young man from Tennessee. His family is bedrock fundamentalist American—and patriotic. He loses an older brother in the war in Iraq and decides to join the service himself. Ali was a youngster fighting with the Mujahideen against Russia and comes of age under the tutelage of the Taliban (Student of Islam). Their stories parallel and eventually they meet on the field of battle. Rose is raised by a Nanny and eventually meets Tom (referred to above) who comes from a working background in a different part of the country. His family taught him certain values and when he was thirteen fought another boy who called a shy, overweight girl names and harassed her unmercifully at school. The two come together and become a family themselves. Her boss arranges the murder of Rose’s mother because of her threats of a sexual harassment lawsuit. The Nanny meets and marries one of Tom’s favorite teachers who lost his wife years before to cancer. It is an analogy of war and peace, romance and hate--and a crime saga. It is one examination of comparative life of killers at heart and peace-loving people. 116,000

If anybody would like to look at any of these, please let me know... I know they're different. I think they tell a lot--I don't know if they're good. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Andrew

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, well--don't blame you. Gives me an idea about the prospects of marketing the stuff. It's back to work--back to dreaming--back to punching more keys and using more memory.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
Keep doing your thing Andrew. At least you're busy writing. That's a plus. Good Luck and keep sharing your work. There's a lot of people here, and your post may have gotten lost in the shuffle. Happy Writing.

Andrew

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Vanessa... I hope your day is filled with smiles and all is wonderful for you. Nice blog, nice web site--from your warm, great mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.