Not open for further replies.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning cantinas :Sun:

I'm not feeling so exhausted this morning, although given that it's just taken me four goes to write exhausted perhaps I should re-evaluate that. House renovations on hold today so hopefully greater wordage later. Yay.

:Coffee:

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I had a house to renovate....

Mine's too new, I'm happy not to need renovation though. I hate changes in my basic lifestyle.

For you however, I wish you had a house to renovate, too.

So, let's all write breakaway surprise bestsellers, get rich and buy houses to renovate. Make it a goal. First draft must be done one year from today.

Thank kind of thing. NANO, in the slowpoke Cantina style. We can call it WANCY. Write Another Novel in the Cantina Year.

Morning Aliwood, Morning Bettiellee, how are the two nicest ladies around today?

ETA: OMG, I hope that doesn't sound as patronizing to you as it does to me as I re-read that. Wanna borrow my boot? It even has snow claws at the heel. This is Toyama after all.

Last edited:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I wish I had a house to renovate....

You can ruddy well have mine. It's exhausting. None of the walls are straight, true or square in any sense of any of those words, so getting woodwork to fit is a real pain. mind you, I shouldn't complain really. It's all paid for and we get to do the work ourselves at our own pace - slowly. I keep telling myself that one day it won't look like a building site, but after ten years so far, you' be surprised how much it does look like a building site.

If it helps Bettie I have a spare bedroom, but no dishwasher.

I'm happy not to need renovation though.
Can you renovate people? Perhaps there's a grant? ;)

So, let's all write breakaway surprise bestsellers, get rich and buy houses to renovate. Make it a goal. First draft must be done one year from today.

Thank kind of thing. NANO, in the slowpoke Cantina style. We can call it WANCY. Write Another Novel in the Cantina Year.

Morning Aliwood, Morning Bettiellee, how are the two nicest ladies around today?
Houses that need renovation around here are dirt cheap, that's why we bought it, because you didn't need a 'mort'gage to buy it. However, I am in with the rest of your WANCY plan, except mine would be Write A Novel in the Cantina Year, as I haven't even got to 5000 words yet. Oddly, I have always wanted to write one of those biiiiiiiggggggggg epic books like Tolkien or Tolstoy.

You know, I'm feeling quite perky now. I'm about to walk over to the big supermarket and gain a few things before all of our tanker drivers go on strike and people panic buy the shops out of everything except Marmite and Lychees. There's a charity shop over there so I'll check out the books there. There is even talk of using the 'coffee shop', I'm not sure I can cope with such reckless abandonment and as I really hate supermarket shopping this is not likely to be a good experience. Mind you, it has to be better than looking for a new place to live.

Good luck with that Bettie, and Debio, please have some hot choc ready for when I get back. I'll need it.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Simple, low level stress cure.

Pick a random person, Look at them till they meet your eyes, then smile. A short smile, a silly smile, about 2 or 3 seconds. Then go back to what you were doing as if nothing happened.

It is entertaining.*

*One warning however, it doesn't work very well with people who know you very very well and already assume you are strange. You know, like family members. So if you try this on family, it is a case by case basis.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
you know... I must buy some milk. I have choclate mix, but I haven't got the milk, and I've been dying for hot chocolate - real hot chocolate, not that crap from a mix. I thought starbux had real hot chocolate, but no... it tasted just like that mix garbage.

Debio - I don't make eye contact with people - I can hardly remember to do that with people I know. Which is quite terrible. And I have to make all kinds of eye contact tomorrow.

It's gonna be a tough day. I'm gonna go read, and go to bed... eventually.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
you know... I must buy some milk. I have choclate mix, but I haven't got the milk, and I've been dying for hot chocolate - real hot chocolate, not that crap from a mix. I thought starbux had real hot chocolate, but no... it tasted just like that mix garbage.

You know it sucks that we live in a world where we have to add the modifier REAL* to things that should be good in and of themselves.

If eye contact is a no go, give me some time. I'll think of something that might work for you. It's one of those meta things, you know what you are doing and why, while they have no clue. Manipulation, pure and simple....I suppose nose picking is out of the question, too?

*This segues well into Debio's Rules for Good Health and Fun Eating.

Rule #1 Never eat anything with the word FOOD in its title, nor drink anything with the word DRINK.

Rule #1A The word MIX, is dangerous, but not always bad, beware and take a partner. Best if you have them try it first.

Rule #2 If it smells really bad, don't eat it, unless it is cheese or natto.

I can make up more as the need arises.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Damn, Castle got its edge back.

I have a vaguely spoilery question. Dont read on if you havent seen this weeks epi and dont want your attention drawn to what was said. What was the singing in silence refence? They brought it up twice but I cant remeber if the wording was different the first time, nor the whole quote. Google is no help and I dont want to scan epi recaps...
*cough spoileryanswer cough* I think it's an Abraham Lincoln quote: "To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men." About staying silent when you should speak up about something and that makes you a coward. So Castle was calling Kate a coward cos she KNEW he said "I love you" but she stayed silent about it cos she didn't want to deal with it WAAAHHHH THEIR LOVE IS TRUE GET IT TOGETHER GUYS YOU ARE KILLING ME WITH THIS OMGOSH. *ahem* /shippyfangirlmoment> *cough endofspoilerage cough*

gauld.jpg

HAHAHAH HA LOVE.

Morning gang. Whut up?

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Morning Psycho. While I'm waiting for the wife and little'un to come home and play, I am trying to entertain a semi-empty cantina with my wonderfully (t)witty comments.

I seem to be failing. I sure hope it's because there is no one actually here. At the moment. Unless they are hiding. That's possible, too. Wouldn't be the first time.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, they are not really the "embarrassed silence" type. They are more the "kick you for being silly" type. Which is definitely a lot more fun.

So how are you doing?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I also dislike eye contact. Chins are a good safe place to lock my eyes on.

This does not help me at work, where I'm required to be reasonable assertive to function.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This yank has been up too long. More later re food and Castle.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
I just got a phone call from my local video store. I recently renewed my member card. The person on the phone said that they had failed to get my password and the security question and answer for the password. Would I please give it to them.

Right.

Sure.

Even IF this is really the video store I ain't giving that info over the phone to someone who calls me out of the blue at 8:15pm. I'll go down and talk to them in person at the counter tomorrow.

Why they need a password now, after 15 years, when its just a card to let me rent a dang video, I have no idea. This is of course assuming that it IS the video store that called.

And if it is, it doesn't give me good feelings about their data security. They should have called me and asked me to come down and talked to them in person, or to mention it next time I rented a video. Sheesh.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
I got marshmallows.

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com

I think I got this backwards... My house was built in 1947 and still has plaster walls. The basement leaks. My kitchen is about the size of a walk in closet.

Oh, and the neighborhood sucks.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

*points to As The Cantina Turns*

If that don't got no epic bestseller going for it, don't nothing do.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I think I got this backwards... My house was built in 1947 and still has plaster walls. The basement leaks. My kitchen is about the size of a walk in closet.

Oh, and the neighborhood sucks.

Other than the lack of basement, you could be living here, oh, except my house is from 1938. Please tell me your walls aren't straight, square or true either. I will feel so much better.

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
Other than the lack of basement, you could be living here, oh, except my house is from 1938. Please tell me your walls aren't straight, square or true either. I will feel so much better.

My steps vary in size by as much as an inch and a half.
The walls straight, not likely, plus badly patched by previous owner/renters.

Military construction is so much fun to repair.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Wait. You still have video stores around? All ours closed.

Okay, now that little debio has been put to sleep I got a little time to play and write.

So, *in over exaggerated kids TV announcer voice from the 50s*

Is everybody happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.