• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Limitless Publishing

melnve

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a new version of Limitless Dare 2 Dream or if it is new - mods, feel free to merge with D2D thread if it turns out to be the same thing!

Jessica O'Neill of Limitless Publishing just followed me on Twitter, and since I've never heard of them and the thread here and entry on P&E seem to be talking about an earlier pub who is no longer around with the same name I thought I'd ask if anyone knew anything about them. They are a little spiritual for my taste, but I was curious!

Here's the link: http://www.limitlesspublishing.com

Last edited:

melnve

Registered
Reaction score
Looking at the website more closely it seems that my new friend Jennifer and one other person are the sole authorship team!

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Adding link: http://www.limitlesspublishing.com/

Limitless Publishing is a mother/daughter owned company. Spiritual teacher and best selling author Jennifer O'Neill has always been devoted to helping others learn how to live a happier life through her books, readings and workshops. She has now discovered that she can help even more people through her publishing company.

"As I became a successful author, more and more people began to ask me to publish their books. I always said no, because I was too busy writing and promoting my own books. However, I started noticing that there were some very good writers out there who did not know how to get their work noticed. If you can't get them noticed, nobody reads them. I knew I could help them, so I thought, why not! My daughter, Jessica O'Neill, is also an avid reader and writer herself of young adult fiction, so we partnered up and Limitless Publishing was created." ~ Jennifer O'Neill

Editing to add: I'm not keen on any publisher where the owner reviews her press's books without revealing the conflict of interest.

Last edited:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Their covers like great, but all the books are Jennifer's with the exception of one author. The small advance and the 50% royalties sound promising, but they make no mention about the marketing. Although they do stress a lot of you having to be on all the social networks which most likely means you have to market yourself.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
If you go with them, your book is going to be competing for attention with the publisher's other titles. Since the publisher wrote those other titles, I doubt you're going to come first in their hearts.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
If you go with them, your book is going to be competing for attention with the publisher's other titles. Since the publisher wrote those other titles, I doubt you're going to come first in their hearts.

And this is always a problem with these types of publishers. I suppose by "token" they mean an advance right around $200 or less. I wish they would specify.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I would take one for the team but I have two YAs that are distopian and fantasy respectively. It looks like suspense and paranormal are the preferred genres for that category, and to tell you the truth, that doesn't make a lot of sense. Better if it were SF, Fantasy and paranormal.

I don't like some of their sub requirements and repeated comments about social networking and a list of my promo and marketing sources. Of course I have a blog, Twitter and FB, and about 40 other sources. But why list all of this stuff when it's pretty obvious we authors do this type of promo anyway.

tri

tprevost

Registered
Reaction score
These book covers are so amazing and beautiful. I'm a little concerned about the "Review Team" that's on amazon and how that works, but would ask more questions on that if an offer was made. I've decided to submit to them and will keep you all posted.

Bloo

Roofied by Rylan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emergencyroomproductions.net
The website seems to be more geared toward writers, ebooks seemed priced about right (but I don't know the length).

I'm not sure what this means, on the home page, in parenthesis, they say they are "currently accepting all genres" then on their submissions page there is a list of the genres they are looking for (YA paranormal/suspense/romance, New Adult paranormal/suspense/romance, Mind-Body-spirit, and Paranormal). The genres seem to be a bit of a hodgepodge I guess. Non-fiction MBS writing coupled with YA paranormal. Maybe it's not a red flag but it seems...strange.

LimitlessPublishing

Registered
Reaction score
Aloha all! I stumbled upon this thread and thought I would answer some questions for you. We are not affiliated with any older publishing company as we are a new company. We are currently accepting YA Fantasy and Dystopian at this time as our genres do change from time to time. You will not be in competition at all with any of my books if you write fiction as I only write nonfiction titles. Even so, we love to promote good authors. We ask that you are active on social networks because we wish to have authors who are passionate about promoting their work. We do not wish to spend our hard earned money on editing, cover design, formatting, advertising, etc, and be the sole promoters of a book. We wish to work as a team with our authors on promotions, etc. Plus, our authors all support and mentor one another through social media as well, so it's a good communication tool to reach other writers and your own readers. We do market our authors books and we do offer a small advance, which you find out more about when you sign with us. Our Limitless Review team is made up of an amazing group of avid readers who love to discover new authors. But more importantly feel free to chat with any of the authors we have signed. You will find their information on our website, and you can hear from them directly what they think of being part of the Limitless team! As for the conflict of interest, I am completely open about being an author myself and I have no problem promoting other great writers. Hope this helps! Jennifer O'Neill, CEO of Limitless Publishing www.limitlesspublishing.com

tprevost

Registered
Reaction score
I just sent in my submission for them. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I emailed Jennifer and she was really sweet in answering my questions. Their FAQs page should be working, since it has a lot of information for writers there. Nothing was coming up for me. It still isn't, so she copy/pasted it for me.

She said some of their books are in print. The author gets 50% of all profits based on books sold.

100$ advance.

LimitlessPublishing

Registered
Reaction score
To answer the question about print books, most all of our YA books we are signing we are doing in print now. So it would only be on a rare occasion in which we would choose not to do both. However, to be fair, if offer you a contract you will know up front if we are planning on doing ebook and print, or only ebook! Also, yes not sure what's wrong with the facts page, most people have no trouble reading it. It might be a browser issue as they can be temperamental. If you would like more information and you can't see the FAQs page we would be more than happy to copy/paste it into an email for you :)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Do you mean all monies received from Amazon (cover price minus Amazon's cut)? Or all monies with (unspecified) costs deducted, a.k.a. "profits"?

The confusion is because the term profit normally implies costs being deducted, so it pays to specify which ones, explicitly.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
How is distribution handled for print books? And how do you decide which books go to print?