Iran Launched Monkey

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Iran Launches Monkey Into Suborbital Space

Universe Today said:
According to Iran state media, Iran launched a suborbital rocket last week with a passenger aboard: a monkey. A gray tufted monkey survived the flight, riding inside an “indigenous bio-capsule” which was recovered after the flight. While the US and other nations are worried that Iran’s real goal is to have a nuclear missile program, Iran’s Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi told state television that this launch was a “big step” towards sending astronauts into space by 2020.

Congratulations? I must admit, I'm a little worried that Iran can launch anything into space, since their government is a bit, erm, unfriendly.

I wish they would've given the monkey a more comfortable seat, too.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I'll never tell. But now I have that song "I Will Survive" in my head... 'cause I'm back, from outer space...

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I'll never tell. But now I have that song "I Will Survive" in my head... 'cause I'm back, from outer space...

How much soda did you use?

mafaldatrajeespacial.jpg

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
As was noted in 1957, being able to make a successful suborbital ballistic flight means you can launch payloads and drop them on far-away countries during a half-hour sitcom.

For a country like Iran or North Korea to ever do that with a nuclear warhead would be a form of national ritual suicide for them; insane. But ... one country is run by a Holocaust denier and elderly religious fanatics, and the other by an odd little man who claims to have made eleven holes-in-one the first time he played golf. (Or at least, that's what the state media said.) Interesting times.