Last Movie You Watched...

movieman

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Website
worldsunimagined.blogspot.com
Malibu Beach Vampires.

Words do not exist to describe how bad this movie is. In fact, I'm not entirely convinced it is a movie in any meaningful sense, it seems to consist of a bunch of women in bikinis pretending to be vampires randomly intercut with song and dance numbers. Though I only survived twenty minutes before ejecting it from the DVD player so perhaps it makes some kind of sense eventually.

In my defence I should add that I only watched it because the only way to get a copy of a bad B-movie that some friends worked on years ago was to buy a box set of bad B-movies for $5 and I thought I might as well see what the others were like. I can now safely say there's a reason why the movies sell for $0.50 each.

oneil

Registered
Reaction score
The last movie I watched was Johnny English Reborn it was a best comedy movie and Rowan Atkinson was back in action.

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
Cowboys and Aliens.

As usual, great special effects. Not so great acting - but who noticed?

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Watched a couple over the holiday weekend:

Saw Thor (again) but with my dad, he loved it, but would not admit it, and he was sad at the ending (sniffling)...

30 Days of Suck, er...30 Days of Night: Dark Days - Wow. As bad as the first one is good. You definitely miss Melissa George, but I've seen this actress act (in The Perfect Getaway) but she doesn't do much acting in this one. Terrible. Waste of money. Save yourself.

Despicable Me - fun, with evil intent and heart. lovely.

djunamod

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a die-hard classic movie fan, so last night I watched several on the classic movie stations here in Israel:

Boomtown (1940's film about 19th century "wildcatters" starring Spencer Tracy, Clark Gable, and Claudette Colbert) - not a bad movie. Tracy is always excellent and it was nice to see him in an earlier film. I'm not much of a Gable fan (I think his macho-fako stance is annoying) but he was actually pretty charming in this film.

East of Eden (James Dean) - I have to admit, the more films I see with Dean, the less I am impressed with him (much less so than with others of his generation, like Brando and Clift). His "rebel boy" stance gets on my nerves...

The Great Escape - This is actually one of my favorite films and I am definitely not a big war film fan. But the all-star case is excellent and the scene with James Gardner, Steve McQueen, and the other guy (forgot his name) doing the "Yankee Doodle Dandie" impression and treating everyone to moonshine is hilarious. McQueen is so charming here too.

Djuna

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I received a gift of the first two Harold and Kumar movies...so I watched Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.

I've seen it before, of course, and it wasn't as funny this time...except for a few parts and the terrible job mess they make of NJ geography...like the giant cliff in Cherry Hill (where, btw, there is no White Castle).

COchick

in a holding pattern
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.leighgrayson.blogspot.com
Cowboys and Aliens. Meh. I picked up a book in the middle of it.

Horrible Bosses. Pretty funny.

Oh, and Straw Dogs. It was lame. Soooooooo lame. And the previews were so promising...

Last edited:

Nameless107

Registered
Reaction score
Batman marathon From Joker to joker. - Horrible movies except for Begins and The Dark Knight

Colombiana - Not that bad. cant complain with sexy and gun.

X Men first class - Good movie more satisfying then the last line of X men movies. which i did enjoy also. this was just better

FrankiiGii

Registered
Reaction score
I love classic movies. Tracy is fantastic. I also love Kat Hepburn, Myrna Loy and William Powell. Libeled Lady is hilarious! I finally saw Gone with the Wind and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof this year. I enjoyed them both. I just watched People Will Talk but I want very impressed.

I also recently watched The Go Getter (cool) The Missing (love) Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog (love). That's it for movies in the last few days.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Apollo 18 - In my opinion, the best of the Found Footage/Shaky Cam genre. I'm left with the question:

SPOILER: How did we get the found footage if the astronauts didn't make it back, and what to the moon aliens eat when they can't get astonaut/cosmonaut?

ETA: I just remembered REC/Quartantine...so...second best, I guess...

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Die, shakycam, DIE!

*ahem*

Sorry, what was the question? :D

IMO, the best movie ruined by shakycam was Cloverfield. I though the acting and directing were surprisingly easy to watch, and the monster was well done. But the shakycam--ARGH. I rented it so I could look away frequently, but soon I got caught up in the movie. About an hour in, my brain whispered, "You've been watching shaky cam for a long time, missy," and I nearly ralphed on the couch. :mad: I took only tiny glances at the rest of the movie. :mad: Shakycam is EVIL.

*ahem*

We watched The King's Speech last night. Deserves every bit of praise it's received.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Die, shakycam, DIE!

*ahem*

Sorry, what was the question? :D

IMO, the best movie ruined by shakycam was Cloverfield. I though the acting and directing were surprisingly easy to watch, and the monster was well done. But the shakycam--ARGH. I rented it so I could look away frequently, but soon I got caught up in the movie. About an hour in, my brain whispered, "You've been watching shaky cam for a long time, missy," and I nearly ralphed on the couch. :mad: I took only tiny glances at the rest of the movie. :mad: Shakycam is EVIL.

*ahem*

We watched The King's Speech last night. Deserves every bit of praise it's received.

Shit, I forgot about Cloverfied too. Okay, um...well this one's better than Blair Witch. We went to see Cloverfield in the theater, but had to leave after 15 minutes...I was getting sickish, Liz was sick. I can watch Shakey Cam on tv without problems, though.

And yes, Rush and Firth are fabs in The King's Speech...

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
SCREAM 4, finally. I understand bridging the gap for the new technological generation, but this one flopped for me; could've stayed shelved. Acting was okay -- loved Culkin, Panettiere, and Arquette but this seemed like a parody poking at itself. Possibly Scary Movie 5?