Hey, guys, guess what? I finished my novel!

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
:D

It's my first one. Most of it doesn't deserve the space it's taking up on my computer, but there are a few flickers of genius in there...somewhere. I'm so excited to start my second draft and put all of this lovely new knowledge I've gained to use.

All of you folks at AW were both a huge help and an incredible hindrance. Procrastination is my eternal nemesis. ^_^

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you! The sense of completion is very nice, and my husband told me he was proud of me. :D

Except now I don't know what to do today!! I'm think I'm going to look over some old short stories and see what can be done.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Congrats! Take a deep breath. Wait a day or three. And jump into the revisions.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! Lots of people say they want to write a novel, but never do. You are not one of them. :)

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you muchly! ^_^ And yes, LJD, that's a huge thing for me. I start things all the time, but finishing is a bit more difficult. This is actually one of the first times in my life I've stuck to a self-imposed deadline, and I just feel so capable now. She can be taught!

I mostly just relaxed, played some games with the hubby - he missed me. I'm trying really hard not to think about the book, but I ended up jotting a few notes down about two hours after I finished it.

I will not touch it, I will not touch it, I will not touch it...

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs and good luck with Draft Two! And, what the hell, bananas!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

WackAMole

WTF?!?!
Registered
Reaction score
Grats! That's a great feeling. You think it's going to end with that first one, like it's magic. But then, you finish the second one and realize that it feels just as cool to finish that one as it did the first!

There is no sense of accomplishment like writing a novel IMO.

Even with my 'complete' manuscripts however, I always, always think 'Hmmm, I've gained so much knowledge now! I could go back and make that even better.' I have to fight that.

Grats and best of luck to you!

ohthatmomagain

writing, working, weeping, winning
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations :) That's a great feeling :) I'm so glad your husband has been supportative.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! It's so great to have a finished novel! Now you have editing to look forward to (I actually like editing), but even more than that... wait, 'til you read the full thing for the first time. *bounces up and down and claps her hands*

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
CGs and good luck with Draft Two! And, what the hell, bananas!

I agree. Bananas!

Grats! That's a great feeling. You think it's going to end with that first one, like it's magic. But then, you finish the second one and realize that it feels just as cool to finish that one as it did the first!

There is no sense of accomplishment like writing a novel IMO.

Even with my 'complete' manuscripts however, I always, always think 'Hmmm, I've gained so much knowledge now! I could go back and make that even better.' I have to fight that.

Grats and best of luck to you!

Gosh, you're making me even more excited for book two! I'm doing Camp NaNo this June, so I imagine that's when I will start it. Two...whole...months from now. x.x

Congratulations :) That's a great feeling :) I'm so glad your husband has been supportative.

He really is wonderful. It helps that the story is something that was in his head for about six years, then we developed it together and it became ours. We make a pretty good team, I think. :)

good goin' Dreity, calls for :Cake:s :)

Ooh, I was not told there would be cake. I love surprises! :D Come to think of it, I do have a box of brownie mix in the cupboard... >.>

Yay! It's so great to have a finished novel! Now you have editing to look forward to (I actually like editing), but even more than that... wait, 'til you read the full thing for the first time. *bounces up and down and claps her hands*

It really is a bounce and clap sort of occasion. :D I LOVE editing! In fact, this morning I had such a craving for it, I dusted off a short story I wrote about 2 years ago. I sat down with my highlighter and red pen and went to TOWN on that bad boy. I think there are about five sentences that will be kept in their original form. ;)

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on your achievement! Best wishes for you in the next phase and beyond!