Not open for further replies.

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
You're better off without it. Gets very confusing. Better to start off with an open relationship and stay that way.

No, that's what I mean. It turns out it's hard to find a Tues/Sat boyfriend. Too many guys looking for commitment and cohabitation. No thanks.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Snappy, doubling the finger and toe crossage!

Cricket, yay! About time you got there. And I'm gonna go and reread your last post and drool.

Hellhounds give me strength. I'm writing the new scene for revisions tonight. Or going to start it anyway. Ugh.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, those are some long subs, Vandal and Ink! I can't believe it's been that long. I can't even believe it's been 43 days for Steve -- I guess it went faster for me.

Hugs to Mrs. Brommers, Leigh, and Red. Bbon voyage to Snappy and Cricket.

I wrote a draft of my picture book when I should have been working today. I do love writing them because they are so quick, but ideas are hard to come up with and they do have percolate for a good long time first (I thought of this one at least a year ago and wrote it as a chapter book already).

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
No, that's what I mean. It turns out it's hard to find a Tues/Sat boyfriend. Too many guys looking for commitment and cohabitation. No thanks.

You either have to move to CA, because nobody wants commitment here, or you have to fall in love with the guy first and then wait for him to freak out and pull back.
(not that I'd know, of course)

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
*hands Ink some extra strengh for revisions* Goodluck!

Well, I just got back from the doctors. They phoned me to come back in and I was petrified of the results. But, as it happens I needn't have been.
Turns out I have an auto-immune skin condition that flares up all of my spots and moles etc (Gosh I sound like a creepy mole lady!) I have never heard of this before???
Anyway, she prescribed me some hardcore steroids that I have to use for ten days to help the bad one go down and some of the others that are starting to flare up.

Anyway, thank you everyone for all the kind thoughts and well wishes while I was waiting (I should be numb to waiting after being on sub for eight months, lol).
*damn the hounds* You truly are wonderful people.
:e2grouphu

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
What relief, JBuck! I hope it clears up soon. I've never heard of such a thing either, but there are so many autoimmune issues these days. Hugs to you.

And hey, it's Friday! We have a few Pitizens busting out for a long-weekend furlough.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Memorial Day weekend is usually good. We have a local Strawberry Festival. Monday is the usual D's family BBQ. He still has to work Sunday.

I'm hoping whatever's making my eyes itch all week will stop blooming/pollinating/spreading its evil soon.

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Jbuck, glad they figured out the cause. I hope the stress of this business is not a factor in making it flare up. Somedays I need one of those zen smileys.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Amarie, I bet Red could hook you up with a zen smiley!

Did I mention I got my last full R on my MG yesterday? It's fine. One interesting thing is that it was from an executive editor at the same imprint where an assistant editor gave me that helpful R on the PB. So maybe it's for the good -- it's the upside of not being agented that I can send my stuff around, but the contract would be weird if they had gone crazy and wanted to buy both books.

On the upside, if the assistant editor ever takes one of my PBs to acquisitions, there's another editor who has heard of me and seemed to like my MG pretty well. She might be more inclined to say yes as a result.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
JBuck, what a relief! Hope the medicine helps quickly.

Kellion, watch it - you're bright-siding quite a bit there. The sunniness is hurting my eyes. ;) (Seriously, this sounds like a very good thing so yay.)

Wrote 1300 words of a new scene last night, but I don't like at least 1000 of them. Why is it so hard to get back into the rhythm of story?

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
Um, it's called the "I don't want a serious commitment with you any longer, but sex with you would still be great!"

Except in my case we didn't have sex after the breakups ;) Though I did stay living with an ex after we broke up (no sex though, we both dated other people) I call that the J3rry Spr1ng3r/I-have-zero-family-support-and-if-I-don't-live-with- you-I-may-very-well-be-homeless situation.

I've been trying for ages to get a relationship like that.

LOL!

Yep. And I didn't tell anyone, because I figured I would jinx it. But we made it, and we're at our friends' house, right on the beach. I'm outside typing on the lanai, sipping my iced coffee, eating mango, papaya, and pineapple.

*hisses at hellhounds to stay back*

*holds hounds back while being riddled with jealousy!* I'm glad you finally got a vacay though, Cricket. You deserve it!

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
So glad to hear you're doing okay JBuck! But yeah, that condition is odd, I've never heard of anything like it...

Happy long weekend Americanos! We had ours last weekend (and I wish we had another one this weekend *is greedy*)

Kellion you're so smart! Get that foot in the door, never know when it'll help you out.

Yay and Boo Ink. Will you go back and try to fix right away or let the not so fab words sit for a while while you continue on and fix later?

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
I guess I am bright-siding, but it's not really good news, is it? It's the bright side of having no agent want me and two editors from the same house reject me in a 24-hour period.

So yes, it's bad news. So the hellhounds can bite me, and I don't care if they do.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Kellion))) and yay Kellion. Rs, on the plus side though. That's about as good as it gets in the Pit, I think.

JBuck, glad to hear that your doctors have a handle on it. Ugh to health issues.

Ink, I find that every day. I write and then immediately hate everything I've written. So, I don't touch it for a few days and keep going forward. Then, when I go back I find I don't hate it as much. :Shrug:

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
JBuck, though it doesn't sound pleasant, good that it is not something more serious. Hope the meds help.

Kell, did your glass suddenly get a quarter full? ;) (Never half full in the Pit.)

You know those jokes about your paycheck being spent as soon as you get it? They are suddenly not funny when they're not hyperbole. I am right now deciding which bill won't get paid this month so that I can eat. The dog food must be bought, but human food will be getting short shrift this month. So, votes? Do I skip the $50 water/sewer/trash bill or the $50 electric bill so that I can buy groceries? Decisions, decisions...

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
(((Leigh))) (((kellion))). And JBuck, glad it's not serious!

Was looking at my house this morning and had a revelation--I need a house that cleans itself. Seriously.

Edited to add (((Red))) :(.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Red))) Is it really that tight right now? :(

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
It is stunningly worse than I had really prepared myself for. I've been incredibly frugal since my turniptcy filing, but there are some months when too many things come due and there are too many obligations. This month it's car registration and dog vaccines. I've been thinking seriously about cancelling my home internet and I think this month clinches the necessity of doing that. That's a middle class leisure expense I can no longer afford.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Red))) I'm so sorry. :(

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
(((Red)))

Lily talks about your scary stories. Do you have any short stories in the horror genre? It wouldn't be an immediate solution, but you could put them up on Amazon and maybe earn enough for dog food or a bill or two. You don't have to pay anything to get them up there. I'd photoshop some covers for you. Now that I know how to do it, it's easy and quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.