XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello folks. I have too much to do. Today: lesson.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
, since anything north of the city is on nebulous blob called "The North Hills" until you get to Cranberry township.

Yes, I know. I used to live in Pittsburgh, once upon a time (Mt Lebanon). My little one still lives there with her mother.

Of all the places I have lived - and that's a lot: 3 countries, 3 states, 9 cities - Pittsburgh's neighborhoods, particular it's ethnic enclaves, were more insular than almost any place else.

Hence my amazement they let you move.

:D

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Small town life / rural life must sound so dull to the city folks here. To that, I can only say, A) it's not so dull as it sounds, and B) I don't feel cheated at all. Hell, I think I got the better deal.

I grew up in a fairly crowded suburb, and am happy to be in a more rural area. And, knock on wood, in a few months I'm going to be in an even more rural (hilltown) place. I like quiet, and I'm really looking forward to being somewhere with an actual sense of community. I'll miss my fab next door neighbor, though, who showed up at 9am this morning on my front porch with a pan full of waffles. :)

The idea of having to live my entire life next to the jackass kids I grew up near, though, makes me shudder.

Midian

My sarcasm got the better of me.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkslingereditorialservices.com
Nah. Books are the one thing that can be mailed cheap. :)

You just have to stay at the next place long enough for them to catch up to you. Media mail, it is a bittersweet thing.

I <3 media mail! My mother was a librarian and when I left for college, moved out and then went at life alone, she still sent me books. We relied heavily on media mail since I was a military brat and they were in Germany while I was in college in the US for what really amounted to the first time in my life. I'd only spent maybe a total of 5 years total in the US when I was very young. 2 years as an infant and 2.5 years from 4-6th grade. I didn't get to bring a whole lot from home and I needed my books!

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Heh.

Then moved to Friendship, then when a bullet came into my bedroom (while I was out), we moved to Squirrel Hill.

They keep saying that word. I do not think it means what they think it means.

Baby vibes, Kricket!

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
In CobraMrsFit's case, it is because there are "holes" in them. Also because, as she put it, "This is not 1995."

In my husband's case, it's more like "when you reached down to pick up the toy, you tore out the ass of those pants...again. Are you going to try to patch that patch?" and "That t-shirt is now 62% see-through. Where does it end?"

I consider these rhetorical questions, responses unnecessary.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
In CobraMrsFit's case, it is because there are "holes" in them. Also because, as she put it, "This is not 1995."

1995, like 1982, is a state of mind. As long as you can still hear Coolio's Gangsta Paradise in your heart, and remember episodes of Batman: The Animated Series or Beverly Hills: 90210, you carry 1995 with you wherever you go.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
1995, like 1982, is a state of mind. As long as you can still hear Coolio's Gangsta Paradise in your heart, and remember episodes of Batman: The Animated Series or Beverly Hills: 90210, you carry 1995 with you wherever you go.

I'm going to have this tattooed on the face of someone I don't particularly like, but look at often.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to have this tattooed on the face of someone I don't particularly like, but look at often.

I'm personally still trapped in the 80s. I can't imagine a life without Patrick Nagel as the premiere pop artist, and Aliens as the high watermark of cinema. Also, "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN..."

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
ah, teej, no crappy mondays! :( I'm sorry.

I can still hardly move. Moving is hard work for a fat girl. And I haven't even moved yet. Advil cocktail: here I come!

Did I also mention that the magical moving will also involve having my girl kitty cat fixed? My sister got a huge-o tax return and is funding the endeavor. I am so thankful. Now kitteh will be out of the way while we move, and under anesthesia when she is brought into the new place. I will make the bathroom a friendly kitty place, with her toys and her blankie and probably a couple tshirts of mine, so she has familiar smells around her.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I'm personally still trapped in the 80s. I can't imagine a life without Patrick Nagel as the premiere pop artist, and Aliens as the high watermark of cinema. Also, "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN..."

I loved him.... I had so many prints... so many... but they were stored in my sis's garage and the tubes fell down. Doggie went to town on them. Sigh.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday me: We should totally try out this new diet. :)

Today me: Chocolate, mother-trucker, GIVE ME CHOCOLATE! AND GIN. :rant:

(the gin is to help the chocolate go down)

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Hihi, all!~ How goes it? Sorry for the moving pains, Bettie. And the false alarms, Kricket. :Hug2:

*pokes you with stick*

:wag:

Nah. Books are the one thing that can be mailed cheap. :)

You just have to stay at the next place long enough for them to catch up to you. Media mail, it is a bittersweet thing.

Where were you 6 or 7 years ago? :e2bummed:

Seriously though, I doubt I'd be rereading my Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance collections nor my old Nancy Drews. Well, maybe Nancy Drew. :D

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I loved him.... I had so many prints... so many... but they were stored in my sis's garage and the tubes fell down. Doggie went to town on them. Sigh.

Nagel was a god. I still can't believe the guy died at 39, he had so many more years left in him. And what a way to go.

Oh well, he left us with this:

patrick-nagel-80s-fashion-illustration_9+%281%29.jpg

That's gotta' count for something.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
I must be hitting the middle of this draft, because I've suddenly been overcome with the urge to write a scifi/western/time travel romance involving ghosts.

*wanders off*

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I must be hitting the middle of this draft, because I've suddenly been overcome with the urge to write a scifi/western/time travel romance involving ghosts.

*wanders off*

I'm usually fine for the middle. It's that home stretch where it suddenly becomes a chore.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As long as you can still hear Coolio's Gangsta Weird Al's Amish Paradise in your heart, and remember episodes of Batman: The Animated Series or Beverly Hills: 90210, you carry 1995 with you wherever you go.

Fixed that for you.

And while I never, ever watched 90210, B:TAS has become the yardstick by which I judge all other Batman incarnations.

Many have failed to measure up over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.