Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
.On the good news, I have a girlfriend. She lives four hours away, so that is slowing everything down (exactly what I prefer right now). .

Personally speaking a distance of any length would never be a problem to me. I would travel from coast to coast for a right woman.

Congratulations !

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trevor, sounds like a lovely visit. We drove to Philly, what, two years ago? Enjoyed ourselves a lot despite a parking problem. Even if you're willing to pay, sometimes there's simply not a place to put your car, not even a mile from your destination. (Luckily, we're walkers, so we parked nearly two miles away.)

Nice to see the gentlemen here, because it's hot here and I'm going to require the towel boys' services extensively.

I'm doing something new, writing-wise: a western. Hey, I grew up in Arizona and met a few actual cowboys, and half the kids I knew could ride horses and owned cowboy boots and hats that weren't' for show. Why not?

Oh, right. Because it's hard. There's always that.

Maryn, one to slink away from a challenge

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
How can I not offer services to such a nice ladies. I'll make sure that the towels stay soft with a pleasant touch. My heart is gently pounding.

I'd encourage the ladies to make it a part of daily life up to 30 minutes a day six days a week.

Massage elements of hot tub accompanied with kneading of muscles can also relieve troubles with the stomach yeast infections.

So benefits are to be expected…immediately.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I just realized I forgot to complain. (Who is this imposter with no complaints?)

I wore a new top, one I bought last winter even though it's quite summer-like, last night to the theatre. We were in the first act when I noticed skin irritation. By the time I got home, I can a nice pink ring around the neckline.

It's gone today, but I'm still overly sensitive. I wonder if it will improve after laundering, or if I'm allergic to something in it? Damn, I paid like $30, and I'd hate to have wasted the money.

Maryn, who sees it's 2:30 which means lunch, or skipping it until dinner

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I'm a happy man.

And I can chip in on the towel boy duties, but how about a little payback for the gents? Any towel ladies up for a little man pampering?

How is everyone's writing going?

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hola!

HOw is everyone today? I've now seen Avengers twice and I totally want to see it again. I bought an Avengers tee shirt and Hubby and I looked for Hawkeye, Fury and Black Widow figures this weekend. We found mostly Iron Man and THor.

THere is a lot of eye candy in that movie! I am digging on Hawkeye right now and Hubby is going to have to endure more of Jeremy Renner as I have updated our Netflix queue. :)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to be the last person to see it, I fear. Every time we've thought about going, the lines have been crazy. I bet we end up watching it on DVD rather than at the theater.

We're going out tomorrow night--us, out on a weeknight!--to see a live version of "Whose Line Is It, Anyway?" with many of the original players. I have no idea if it'll be any good, but I suppose it might be. What the hell, right?

I got out the door early enough to put in miles before it got hot. For me, at least 15 miles a week is absolutely necessary for even a modest weight loss. 20's better, but it's hard to find the time, and the will. Not to mention how hard that much shampooing is on long hair, and how I feel like between the walk and a wet head, there's half the day gone.

But walking alone is a great time to think about one's WIP. I thought of some nice details and some plot elements I can spruce up. I also find the early morning runners and bikers are a friendlier lot, most saying hi or good morning, unlike the after-ten people. Almost nobody else walks, just me.

Maryn, whose shoes must have 800 miles on them and need replacing

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need new shoes too, for walking my dogs. I don't know how many miles. BUt since I've been going to the chiropractor I notice a pep in my step that has been missing for a long time, so that is encouraging. I think the dogs notice too. :)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a long-term love affair with Saucony Shadow 6000s. I ordered what's probably my eighth or tenth pair after I wrote my post this morning. What I like about them is that they're cushioned more in the sole than most, and they fit comfortably right out of the box. I wish they came in some other color, but working out isn't about looking good or I shouldn't have gone out this morning. (Because man, I did not look good!)

I was going to buy them at the local running store, since I really want to support local businesses, but they were ten bucks less online, including shipping. That's a pretty big difference.

Maryn, smart shopper

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am firmly in love with Zappos. Usually my order is in my hands in about 20 HOURS. Free shipping--both ways in case something doesn't fit. Good prices. Better selection than I can get in my metro area, by far. What's not to adore?

Well, they do kiss funny, lots of tongue (groan!), but besides that?

Maryn, re-energized by lunch

Russ Mars

Interesting little planet you've got here.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to be the last person to see it, I fear.
Have no fear; I'll probably be that person, if you consider 'never' as last.

Um, perhaps I should take that back. If Pandora wants me to see it, I may. I become quite malleable in the wake of her desires.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As it should be, methinks.

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
Oi!

I'm soon to be discharged from hospital. I've been here for a couple weeks and don't feel like going back home now. I made an acquaintance with a really nice shy nurse. I'm pleased that our friendship grew into spending the night shifts together.

She noticed that I was pretty keen to help her throughout boring nights and she didn’t mind. Last week I showed her into DR. Payne's office (it was initially locked), slid a white coat on and introduced meself as Dr. Bush.

Playing a doctors game was a fun as I sat at the desk, put the feet up and noticed that a bottom drawer was open showing Mr. Benjamin curiously looking at me from the banknotes scattered around. Couldn’t believe that people had such a reckless attitude for money. I took them banknotes for safekeeping.

All I can say is that the highlight of the night was when she held me head close to her bosom in the moments of my emotional distress. I told her that I was a victim of a dreaded hurricanes and explained that I was caught in a whirlwind of it and sustained injuries. Little fibs come in handy at times. I was heartened she was so forthcoming with lots of tongue and saliva.

I've got to take her out to nice places once I get the discharge papers. Saturday night at the movies suggests itself and then my apartment with a bottle of wine or two.

Life is good again I reckon.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes, though, they're utter heels.

Maryn, who has 3 pairs of shoes in transit!

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Oi!

I'm soon to be discharged from hospital. I've been here for a couple weeks and don't feel like going back home now. I made an acquaintance with a really nice shy nurse. I'm pleased that our friendship grew into spending the night shifts together.

This is neither amusing nor appropriate, and smacks of trollery.

Don't do this here; we're not Penthouse Confessions.

ETA: After a much closer look, I think we're going to part company.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.