Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
My netbook just fell on the ground. Everything seems to be okay. Hmmm...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys. :)

I want some Tipex before I continue plotting Underdogs, so for now I'm going to work on my Beauty and the Beast retelling, which I thought of a possible title for the other night: "Discoloured Rainbows". What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Gaaaaaaaaaaahhhh. Schoooooooooool. I haaaaaaaaaaaateeeeeee youuuuuuuuu.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
OMG I have passed 8K posts! How did I not notice this. :O

I'm so glad I don't go back to uni 'til next month...

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
How are you liking college so far, HR?

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just mad because I had to leave the hospital ( mom broke her arm last night) and drive across town in the rain.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
The blurb for "Discoloured Rainbows"

Chris has been bullied by Nate ever since they started school together in Year Seven. Now in Year Eleven, it's got worse. Nate has been getting other boys in their form class to join in with the bullying. At the annual Christmas Ball, Chris confronts Nate after he teases him about not having a date because all of the guys aren't gay, and Nate kisses him. Shocked, Chris tries to avoid him as much as possible while Nate tries to come to terms with the feelings taking over him. But nothing is as easy as it seems.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree with Zoe.

That awkward moment when the time on the computer is earlier than the time on AW...

ETA: Tay, it may be because I know that it's inspired by HP, but now everything you post about your book makes me immediately think "okay, compare to HP, is it too similar?"

So both the MC dying and the MCs running around trying to prevent the bad guy's immortality is very HP-like to me. The problem I've been seeing, honestly, is that it keeps feeling like you're taking something from Harry Potter and saying "okay, how can I change this so it goes in my story", rather than coming up with ideas on your own (which I know you're really good at =) )

I may be wrong, but I'm the kind of person who sees all similarities between books and has issues with them XD Hence why I did not like TMI until Sebastian showed up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.