Status
Not open for further replies.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Yes, actually, because I have more or less prohibited them from doing so.

But not completely eh? I see your get out clause there.

I always used to offer to let them eat in the lesson provided they spent twice as long as it took them to eat it with me during their lunch-break. Requests tended to dry up pretty fast when they discovered that they would spend the time clearing up the rubbish from the school field.

Mean? Me? Why yes, naturally.

ETA: And now I'm hungry, and it's past my lunch-time.

Last edited:

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
It's a work travel day for me. On the upside, was up early enough to get in 15 pages of revisions. This makes me feel somewhat productive.

Now to the airport for a four-hour flight. Blarg.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Egads. Rewriting this synopsis this morning. Getting far too into this story again. *pets story*

Would that mean I get to read your book before it's published? :e2brows:

:D

Sadly, I'm not sure this one will ever see the light of day. But, here's hoping someone lurves it like I do.

*come out of editing cave for more hot coco. Stares at cave opening and whimpers*

I don't want to go back in. There's about to be a LOT of cutting and it's going to hurt.

:e2cry:

You can dooooeeeet!!!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
21 Jump Street - the serious TV drama, rather than the campy send up film.

I am so incredibly pissed about this.

At first I was all: THEY MADE A JUMPSTREET MOVIE! OMGWTFBBQ!

And then I was all: What the $%^# is this $#!+?!

Library Thing? Really? You just HAD to bring that thing in here, where just anybody could stumble over it? As if I didn't already have enough on my hands with www.goodreads.com !

Library Thing sucks. They charge after 25 book additions. Goodreads are free. Thus Gooreads are moar bettar than Library Thing.

*come out of editing cave for more hot coco. Stares at cave opening and whimpers*

I don't want to go back in. There's about to be a LOT of cutting and it's going to hurt.

:e2cry:

Yeah. Last night's editing cave session for me got a little hairy. sorry about the profanity on the walls. I like to draw when I get frustrated.

Yeah! Fez the Hat Velociraptor :)

(also, here's a new 'glamor shots' pic of Fezzy:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150562199871673&l=7813dd3707 )

babies kitteh! omg! *dies of squee*

*comes back from the dead to complain* Why doesn't my gorgeous kitteh ever let me take pics of her that look like that? All she does is give me the ever-present smirk of disdain.

And good morning Cantina. I am 23 pages away from being done with the first pass edit. Booyah.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Egads. Rewriting this synopsis this morning. Getting far too into this story again. *pets story*

Focus on the conflict and changes...don't go into the light...

Yeah. Last night's editing cave session for me got a little hairy. sorry about the profanity on the walls. I like to draw when I get frustrated.

That's fine, Bettie. The obscene drawings, however, it's a bit much.

I cannot conceive of a world without tbr lists. I simply cannot.

And, in other news, my single-parenting stint has been extended due to flight cancellations. Ask me how awesome I think this is, I dare you. :mad:

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
I am so incredibly pissed about this.

At first I was all: THEY MADE A JUMPSTREET MOVIE! OMGWTFBBQ!

And then I was all: What the $%^# is this $#!+?!

Totally this. I DID hear that Johnny Depp was going to make a brief cameo, but I'm not sure that's worth actually watching it. (Um, also no idea if it's already out here or if he did actually make a cameo; I think I just saw a preview for it at the cinema when I went to see The Woman in Black) :)

babies kitteh! omg! *dies of squee*

*comes back from the dead to complain* Why doesn't my gorgeous kitteh ever let me take pics of her that look like that? All she does is give me the ever-present smirk of disdain.

Aww, glad you like him! My other cat is camera shy like yours, though. I occasionally get lucky with a picture of her, but I think Fezzy is just a bit of an attention-whore. ;)

And good morning Cantina. I am 23 pages away from being done with the first pass edit. Booyah.

:yessmiley

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score

Go Bettie go!

I'm about to reenter the Cave now that Little Kricket is napping. But first I must stock up on milk and cookies. It's the only way I'll be able to get through this.

Bring out the :e2chain: and wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty, this is going to be bloody.

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
That's fine, Bettie. The obscene drawings, however, it's a bit much.

I cannot conceive of a world without tbr lists. I simply cannot.

And, in other news, my single-parenting stint has been extended due to flight cancellations. Ask me how awesome I think this is, I dare you. :mad:

does it help if I say those were my impression of Hugh Jackman naked? (for some people - it does!)

and I agree about the tbr. I have over 200 in my goodreads list.

I hope the gentleman in question returns soon and in one piece...until you decide to rearrange parts of him.

Totally this. I DID hear that Johnny Depp was going to make a brief cameo, but I'm not sure that's worth actually watching it. (Um, also no idea if it's already out here or if he did actually make a cameo; I think I just saw a preview for it at the cinema when I went to see The Woman in Black) :)

Aww, glad you like him! My other cat is camera shy like yours, though. I occasionally get lucky with a picture of her, but I think Fezzy is just a bit of an attention-whore. ;)

:yessmiley

And what really hurts? I luv Jonah Hill. I feel like he's punched me in the face. I don't know if a Johnny cameo will make up for it.

I'm with the little guy :yessmiley and thank you!

Go Bettie go!

I'm about to reenter the Cave now that Little Kricket is napping. But first I must stock up on milk and cookies. It's the only way I'll be able to get through this.

Bring out the :e2chain: and wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty, this is going to be bloody.

First: thank you my friend! I went! I hope to go some more tonight. And for heaven's sake, load up on cookies! :)

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Also: I need someone more responsible than me to tell me to go to bed at a reasonable hour.

Every night. I go to bed at like 1 am. That is very stupid when you have to be up at 7. Why can't I go to bed earlier? For reals. I'm like a little kid who doesn't want to go to sleep.

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
Library Thing sucks. They charge after 25 book additions. Goodreads are free. Thus Gooreads are moar bettar than Library Thing.

:Wha: Librarything doesn't charge until 200 books, and even then its whatever you can pay. Lifetime membership is $25 for unlimited books. Plus the interface is much nicer than Goodreads, I think.

Plus, the preference also depends on pure cataloging or just pure social communication with no real disambiguation of authors, books, etc.

Oye. Forget me arguing the social media book swag.

Did I mention that I hate Facebook?:Hammer::deadhorse

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
:Wha: Librarything doesn't charge until 200 books, and even then its whatever you can pay. Lifetime membership is $25 for unlimited books. Plus the interface is much nicer than Goodreads, I think.

Plus, the preference also depends on pure cataloging or just pure social communication with no real disambiguation of authors, books, etc.

Oye. Forget me arguing the social media book swag.

oh, I thought it was $25 a year... and I have over 400 books on goodreads... so... you see...

I also interact way more on goodreads than I ever did on library thing.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

This.

Both my web-based and mobile versions are busted at the moment. Did all the troubleshooting recommendations with no joy. Put in a ticket and it's been radio silence for over three weeks.

Ah, technology. At least Chirper and Gaggle+ are operational.

Last edited:

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
First: thank you my friend! I went! I hope to go some more tonight. And for heaven's sake, load up on cookies! :)

I haz lots of cookies.

And I'm done with this chapter. Not quite as painful as I thought it would be, but still hard. Completely rewriting a scene is tough, it's like starting from scratch. I used very little of the original text and bumped the word count for that chapter from 1424 to 1857.

Adding words at this stage is good for me because I tend to under write in my first drafts.

Now to eat more cookies and watch some Stargate until Little Kricket wakes up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.