Hi...

Ravenheart

Trying to figure it out.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone... I'm new here ;) I'm currently writing a vampy hybrid urban fantasy/paranormal romance. I've been writing since I was fourteen but this is my first attempt at writing a book. I have no idea what I'm doing so please ignore any 'blonde' questions. Trying to learn as much as I can before I send out my first query letter. I drink way too much coffee and do most of my writing at night after the kids are in bed. I think that's pretty much it!

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Ravenheart

Trying to figure it out.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the Welcome, Quick Question

I have a blonde question then. I'd love to eventually post some of my work. How can I be certain someone won't... *cough*... you know... steal it? ;) Don't shoot the new girl!

hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

jennarielly

Registered
Reaction score
Heyyyy welcome!!

Good luck with your writing and you can always message me if you're looking for someone to talk to about anything!

-Jenna

F.L.N

The Old Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Ravenheart,

Welcome to AW!

A heavy coffee drinker that's not from Seattle. Hummm. You'd fit right in out here!

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Writing a vampy urban fantasy/paranormal at night sounds just the thing! You've come to the right place. I'm sure you'll find lots of AWers up late with you!

Writelock

Tribal Wanderer
Registered
Reaction score
I have a blonde question then. I'd love to eventually post some of my work. How can I be certain someone won't... *cough*... you know... steal it? ;) Don't shoot the new girl!

While I'm new to this forum, I'm not new to writing forums. Is there a chance someone might steal your work? Sure. In my experience, however, you have a better chance of lightning striking you three times while purchasing the one winning lotto ticket. Besides, what would they be stealing? The words you wrote, but not the soul that created them, which is infinitely more valuable and capable of creating more words.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Ravenheart!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about the forum software can be found in the
FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!
See if Katiemac has the answer here.
and check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips!

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Posting your writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area is explained here. This link covers the most common problems posts. found in SYW *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Fun social links:
The Office Party
Kelly's Soft Asylum

Ravenheart

Trying to figure it out.
Registered
Reaction score
What if witty one liners is all I've got ;) j/k No, thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm glad to find a place with so many like minded individuals. I live in a very rural area and only a few close friends and my husband even know I'm writing a book. There's one writing group in my area but ...well I talked about it in another thread already. It seems more like a support group and filled with negativity. One person already said they've pretty much given up on it. Thursday night I drove out for the group and was the only person who showed up. I figure the AW forums at least give me people to talk to and hopefully honest feedback :)

Writelock

Tribal Wanderer
Registered
Reaction score
I have yet to find an in person writing group that actually doesn't degenerate into a drinking party or just a series of empty coffee pots and equally empty pages. You might be better off. I'm not saying effective ones don't exist .... Ooh look is that Bigfoot doing the Electric Slide with the Loch Ness Monster?!

~N

Last edited:

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. What kind of vampires are you writing?

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
welcome aboard i think you will find a lot of experience here that can help you make your project a finished book. dive in ask questions and have thick skin.

Ravenheart

Trying to figure it out.
Registered
Reaction score
Well I'm writing vampires inspired by a club that I went to a few times when I lived in Baltimore. I found the role playing crowd there amusing and I thought it would be an interesting concept to play with... the if vampires were real they could easily blend into different sub-cultures without being noticed. This is the basis of their underground society but it is a bit more complex than that. But I don't want to give away any spoilers ;)