Self publishing a photo book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I want to make a photo book to sell on Amazon. Was thinking of 100 copies or so. Not trying to make $ with book. Just trying to preserve some of my photos.

My wife and DIL will trash my photos when I kick off...they hate my photography. Just trying to preserve some of the images before they end up in the dumpster.

Book size about 10 x 12 landscape. Maybe 65 images, high quality BW. Hardcover. I have a good book title and cover design. (Book is about Hollywood 1970's..the dark side.)

Was hoping to spend maybe $1500 on the project.

Is this a doable project as I have listed it? Any printers you can rec to use?

I can post link to some of my pix. But some of them are nudes and don't want to rock the boat if they are an issue here.

Suffice it to say, my work is high grade, interesting and I have a few photos in museums around the country. So my photography is not in question, the only question for me is the best way to get it done.

Thanks

Dan

Reaction score
Thanks, will check them out. I have not heard of them.

Only companies I know of are Blurb and Gorham Printing.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
You might check the phonebook for someone local. Many printshops can do this kind of thing. A face-to-face meeting might help clarify exactly what you want, what's possible, and what price.

Deleted member 42

If I were you, I wouldn't make a book.

I'd make a DVD.

I'd use something like Apple's iPhoto to create galleries of your images, and slide shows, with voice over narration or text.

Status
Not open for further replies.