Not open for further replies.

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
I live in my poetry and stories ... sometimes the
Website
users.skynet.be
South Africa and rain

My g seems the whole of South Africa's here! Seen my post a couple of posts up? Cape Town and the South Wester or is it the South Easter blowing in from accross the koppies of Table Mountain bring the Black Mambazo rain? Funny I came here to post thinking of rain and wham there I see your name 'Rain Woman'! Jinx? Ok, a gossamer Sari ... but NO JEANS!!!!

Plus this 'por n' somebody mentioned. Ja, it a nice litarary word. Tnx for using it!
I was looking for it. For this sentence = "It's por n buckets and buckets of rain all across my screen! Its wet man, wet, when I write'!"

aspier

WriteRight

Registered
Reaction score
Aspier... you remember all the old lingo! Howzit? Ja-well-no-fine.

Table Mountain is still here, the South Easter still blows the answers all over the Cape and the wine-route still beckons. Your handle (Aspier) reminds me of the esteemed wine estate, Spier, just outside Stellenbosch. But then you know that part of the Cape quite well?
I studied at Cape Town and Stellenbosch. Bunked somewhere in Green Point

And Williston is a long way from anywhere!

Good to find a couple of other souls from SA. Where are you now?

Rainy Day Woman

aspier said:
My g seems the whole of South Africa's here! Funny I came here to post thinking of rain and wham there I see your name 'Rain Woman'! Jinx? Ok, a gossamer Sari ... but NO JEANS!!!!

Hi aspier

Kinda ironic name, given the beautiful weather we're having in CT at the moment.;) A very good friend calls me that... Actually sitting in Stellenbosch right now looking out across the Helshoogte mountains and the vineyards.

I'm with you on the whole 'no jeans' thing - I'm into no restrictions. Sarongs work well. Soft and comfy and perfect to schlorf between the kettle and the PC...

I presume you're no longer in SA? Where you live now?

RDW

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
Helshoogte and Spier

WR - That restaurant ... when the put it up in way back then, they were looking for a name for it and I helped finding them a name. Their 'Spier's' however not my name. It refer's to 'muscle' etc. The name I suggested was 'Catharina'. I was language student then at Maties. Check my profile to see where I now live. Smile! Not is RSA though.

Rain Wom'ps - Helshoogte. I love that one more in winter ... the old oaktrees so naked and bare then. I am in Europe now. I was part of the Breytenbach brain drain in the mid 70ties (not that I had brains then or now but I too got up and whoosh! left like that. With a big boat too! 'El Tristino' = means sad in Italian)

But say, do you know the works of 'Herman Charles Bosman'? And N.P. van Wyk-Louw? Well I am a 'pupil' of them. Ever since I left, I worked to 'further the boundries' in literature they have set. That is ... translating and/or imbedding the syntaxis of the Afrikaans language into the English language. Like a 'bassilisk' slowly 'corrupting' the English idiom. What this means is that I have never 'pushed' Afrikaans over here but write Afrikaans 'in English'. I am not talking 'Capie' now. Rather did what Bosman did. You read my work in English and you know its Afrikaans you understand, typ of thing. Anyway blah blah. I didn't quite really succeeded.

Very nice to meet you both! Got any poetry? I'd love to browse. Mine's at my website (download the doc files):

http://users.skynet.be/spier/

Latest writings at http://users.skynet.be/spier/redshoes.htm
and http://users.skynet.be/spier/musewrite.htm

Send me some of your literary winners! OK?
Wink + Big smile!

aspier

Rainy Day Woman

Not too familiar with Van Wyk Louw, although I know a bit of Bosman. What you tried to do, all sounds terribly complicated with syntaxes and all. If you're at all still interested in SA writing and what happens in the little dorp of Stellenbosch, you should check out www.litnet.co.za They've have quite a lively debate lately concerning Dan Roodt (old left-wing Afrikaner activist/writer) and his appearance at the Woordfees. Basically all the old liberals from the 70's and 80's having a go at one another... Entertaining nonetheless...

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by HConn
I wear a leather hood when I write, because it confines my field of vision to the monitor. To keep myself from snacking or chatting with people, I wear one of those gags with the red ball that fits in your mouth. My black vinyl boots, pants and jacket keeps me warm during the winter months, except it doesn't cover my neck. I have a yellow feather boa for that.

Also, I write at Starbucks.

OMG, ROFLMAO :Clap: I've got to stay out of these threads. I'm going for my:popcorn: again. I want to have my notepad handy so I can write about all the expressions on faces at that Starbucks. :D :thankyou: I needed a real belly laugh today.

Joanne

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I'm with you, Tilda.

My regular writing uniform:

Sweatpants, t-shirt, sweatshirt. In winter (such as now): heated blanket on my lap, usually topped my Kira the Wondercat, who loves heat even more than I do. Socks, no shoes (HATE shoes).

On the desk: fruity tea, Pringles, moisturizer, calendar, floss.

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
My writing gear:

Sweatpants, turtleneck, sweatshirt, and when it's really cold, like now, a fleece hooded jacket, knee-hi socks and big comfy warm slippers. If I could wear gloves and still hit the right keys, I would.

Coffee, java, joe, pretzels and twizzlers beside a big note to remind me to eat something other than junk some time during the day. :D

Joanne

Vipersniper

Registered
Reaction score
I write in.

:idea: I write in whatever is comfortable or not in that writing does not necessaryily require clothes. As long as it is not a throng cutting into my crack or itches. I will write sometimes under the covers when an idea hits me.

Judy T. Lloyd The Country Cousin. I try to learn something new each day. By George Washington Carver.

aspier

Banned
Reaction score
Website
users.skynet.be
Heated blanket?

JennaGlatzer said:
I'm with you, Tilda.

My regular writing uniform:

Sweatpants, t-shirt, sweatshirt. In winter (such as now): heated blanket on my lap, usually topped my Kira the Wondercat, who loves heat even more than I do. Socks, no shoes (HATE shoes).

On the desk: fruity tea, Pringles, moisturizer, calendar, floss.

Heated blanket, Jenna? We just put on central heating or rather the thermostat does it for us. (You don't sleep with a heated blanket, do you? That's terribly dangerous! Because with all that electricity in it ... what happens when you wee in your sleep? Oh my gosh, what a schocking experience that would be then for you!)

Re what I wear when I write ... I don't really write, I mostly copy and paste from old stuff, so wearing anything is no problem for me. And when i'm tired of my own fruitlessness I go to sleep! So there's also no problem there. Actually, come to think of it, I didn't even have had to post in this thread ... because of the cenral heating. Sorry! Unread what I have written.

as

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
We have central heat, and AC but it seems to have forgotten my office---

I have a small space heater that I use and wear big thick socks. Cept in summer when I have the fan going in here and wear as little as I can---have to alwasy remember not to answer the door that way.

Shawn

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I float around bare-foot, in a kaftan. Frightens the hell out of the postman!

Status
Not open for further replies.