Comedy Cabaret--2012 Road Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He's trying to prove that he has stamina. It's normal behavior for a muppet. That and finding high ground, bearing their asses and farting. It a show of strength. I learned that while studying them in the Congo.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
He's trying to prove that he has stamina. It's normal behavior for a muppet. That and finding high ground, bearing their asses and farting. It a show of strength. I learned that while studying them in the Congo.

*takes notes*

*raises hand*

Professor Kayleamay, what's up with that jazz hands thing he keeps doing in Susie's HOF? Is that a show of strength, too? I was thinking maybe it was a mating ritual.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*takes notes*

*raises hand*

Professor Kayleamay, what's up with that jazz hands thing he keeps doing in Susie's HOF? Is that a show of strength, too? I was thinking maybe it was a mating ritual.

Excellent question, Cass. The muppet behavior known as "jazz handing" is actually their way of showing self-sufficience, a trait that female muppets find endearing in the male of the species. When in the presence of a female, the male will hold his hands high in the air and shake them, exposing the fur on the palms. The furrier the palms, the more likely the female is to let the male live.

ETA: and you know what I meant, Ken. He beared a bare ass. Don't harass before my first cuppa. :)

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Excellent question, Cass. The muppet behavior known as "jazz handing" is actually their way of showing self-sufficience, a trait that female muppets find endearing in the male of the species. When in the presence of a female, the male will hold his hands high in the air and shake them, exposing the fur on the palms. The furrier the palms, the more likely the female is to let the male live.

ETA: and you know what I meant, Ken. He beared a bare ass. Don't harass before my first cuppa. :)

*scribbles furiously*

*raises hand*

What about the capering?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Does that hold true for American Muppets too or is it only for the furrin ones?

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, um, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, ...

such as.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cray, it's not nice to make fun of Haggis like that. He can't help it if he's pretty.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*scribbles furiously*

*raises hand*

What about the capering?

The capering is merely a side-effect of one of the rituals of youth. All young muppets are given a pair of 4' stilettos which they wear until maturity. Over time, the tendons in their ankles shorten forcing them to "caper". A fully matured muppet who does not caper is considered to be of low breeding and usually assigned manual labor for life.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
The capering is merely a side-effect of one of the rituals of youth. All young muppets are given a pair of 4' stilettos which they wear until maturity. Over time, the tendons in their ankles shorten forcing them to "caper". A fully matured muppet who does not caper is considered to be of low breeding and usually assigned manual labor for life.

*switches to stenograph machine*

*types frantically*

*raises hand*

Oh! Oh! I have another question. What about the ROAR he emits with every post? It doesn't seem threatening enough to be a defense mechanism.

*feels something hitting the back of her neck*

Professor Kaylemay! Haggis is shooting spitballs at me!

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
:e2yawn:

This doesn't sound like my medical class at all!!

*puts head on desk*

I've already taken my notes!

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cass, we'll be studying the habits of feral chihuahuas next week. Please try to stay on task.

You are correct in that the muppet ROAR is not threatening. It is, however, a defense mechansim. Muppets have a very limited vocabulary and are easily overwhelmed. ROAR is simply their way of saying, "I don't understand," or, "Huh?" or, "Please, get off of my toes." It's the equivalent of the use of "WTF?" among homosapien teens.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score

crayfist.gif

NinaK

On the Beach
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks KLM,

no worries though,

the arm behind his back is longer.