Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Trifold board is too big to go on desk.

I'm opening it and putting it next to my desk... Hopefully folding it up won't affect the post its.

First -- update iPod.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Writing a whole new scene for FREAKs... Why did i never think of this before? In 10 years... i feel like an idiot.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Also, "Just The Way I'm Not" is on the Sticks and Stones playlist. :)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
ahahahahahaha I love that song. Its for Holiday Hacker in my books.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It fits Isaac and Stephan's relationship SO FREAKING WELL.

Outlining. The way the post its are laid out on the board might seem weird, but they make sense to me, along with how I'm labeling some things.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm the biggest Buffy fan ever, and 5th season is my favorite (followed closely by 2nd)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I actually started to tear up at the one little scene i wrote.... awwww I'm way to freaking attached to my characters. It wasnt even sad... just touching.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm the biggest Buffy fan ever, and 5th season is my favorite (followed closely by 2nd)

ahahahahahah I used to be. Now its Angel all the way!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Angel didn't compare to Buffy for me, until the 5th season of it (which was more Buffy-esque)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
OK, thanks. :D

ETA: My laptop switched itself off again.

Also, I realised I don't need to label songs unless they relate to one of the romance plots.

Last edited:

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
Chipping in on the Buffy discussion:

The thing that pissed me off about that series (and Angel) was how Whedon never kept the dead characters dead.

If Angel stayed stuck in the hell dimension at the end of season two, it would have made my top 5 TV deaths. If Buffy stayed dead at the end of season five, Whedon would've taken #1. If Spike stayed dead throughout Angel, his sacrifice would've meant something.

Whedon piled on all this delicious meaning into their deaths and then cheapened them by making them temporary. Lamesauce.

(Rita from season four Dexter is my #1 choice for TV death, btw)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Or he could have not killed them in the first place, then bringing them back wouldnt have been so lame.

And I agree Buffy should have stayed dead!

Angel... well i love him and Spike too much to not be a little happy when they came back. Spike as a ghost... HILARIOUS!!!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
This random switching off thing is getting on my nerves now.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I just realized i started my edits on FREAKs, 6 hours ago... and am only on my second chapter for today... seriously? What the hell! Looks like my To-Do plan is out the window.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
This random switching off thing is getting on my nerves now.
Have you checked your power settings? Make sure it doesn't turn itself off when you leave it along for a certain amount of time. Or go to hibernate, which is the worst thing ever for your computer, I've heard.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Spiiiiiiiiiiiiike <3

Doyle was imo the best character on Angel; was so sad when he died. In general I really can't stand Angel the character (I quite liked a lot of the show); I'm not much for characters that are completely wrapped up in their own inner turmoil. I loved that Spike adjusted once he got his soul.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I MET HIM!!!! Did i ever tell you guys that!? I got to met and talk with Spike at a convention! HE WAS AWESOME. IRL hes a really nice sweet guy (and not actually British)

I loved Spike in Angel, way more then in Buffy towards the end. I'll explain. My favorite aspect of Spike was that he and Buffy were always Frienimies. They hated each other, but also sometimes teamed up, but you could never trust each other truly. My favorite episode of Buffy was when Willow or Giles (I cant remember) screwed up a spell or poison or whatever and Buffy and Spike ended up in love because of the spell or whatever. I laughed my ass off about how comical it was.

But when it really happened? NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO!!! I couldn't bare to watch it after that.

And Doyle was my favorite guys, with the exception to Wesley. (except when he went into his stupid evil phase) Although i also LOVED Connor. I think Connor was like my biggest TV crush as a kid.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Wesley has the best character arc ever. You would never believe the same guy from season 3 Buffy is that guy in season 5 Angel, but every step makes total sense.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, what do you usually set it on? I use my netbook on my lap, but if it's overheating, I put it on a flat surface. They also make fans for them that aren't too expensive and that connect to the laptop with a USB cord (but the cord doesn't last very long, and you can't just buy them separately)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
sooooooooo true!

I will never forgive the writers for what they did to Fred though. Never. Fred was my favorite character ever and she just got together with Wesley my second fav...