How'd You Find This Site?

Kaos Kidd

I found this forum...

During a google search for Publish America.
<ducking>
I notice it's not a highly thought of publisher here.

Lots of interesting people, topics and conversations going on, nice.

More about me later.

KK

JB_Finesse

Registered
Reaction score
I like looking up random shite on Google. I did a search for "Puffs brand kleenex" a week or two ago. Not sure why. One link was to a topic at this forum (obviously), so I decided to check it out and finally registered today.

poetic peony

may b playn 2 a dif drumr
Registered
Reaction score
on the south shore of the Great Lake Erie
sweetlebee told me about this site so I thought I'd check it out. I told another friend about it last night and registered myself to check out the poetry section. I told him it looked great and he registered, too. He liked it.

Now I just have to get something posted there! :)

psychnurse

I joined months ago my daughter found this site and told me about it. I'm not much of a writer, I just have wierd ideas. I'm working on a story with my son, though.
Daughter's sn is rosemerry, if you see her around here.

bookin4me

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site from a posting on write4kids.com, I don't recall who did the posting but I am glad they did.

The_Grand_Duchess

I record everything.
Registered
Reaction score
Bangkok, the Underground and the Holy ground.
I found this site when I was looking up information about some writing thing or other. I read what they had on that and didn't think more on it. Then I was looking up some other writing thing and this site popped up a second time. I just started going here for answers to all my questions and now I'm a member. It's a good place.

Lady Esther

I can say the alphabet backwards!
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site while searching on Yahoo! for a good site for novelists. I found one!

eaglelady11

Registered
Reaction score
I was on croasswalk.com asking a question about a writing contract, and oneo the members there suggested I try this site. It's really good.

AprilRain

I found a link to this site on an best-selling Author's live journal, talk about Lady Luck eh?

MandaAnne

Registered
Reaction score
Hi (waves) - an Absolute Write newbie here. I'll post a proper introduction soon.

Found this site because of another member - TheIT. Joined a creative writing group a few months ago, and she actually mentioned this site the first night I was there. But it's taken me til now to make my way here.

Look forward to learning from and contributing to this site you all love so much, and getting to know some great people! :)

Amanda

They

I got hit in the head and figured I might check it out...not sure it's for me though.

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm another one saved from PublishAmerica's tragic practices. I submitted my story to them, and of course, I got an e-mail back saying how they wanted to give my book "the chance is deserves" (what a bunch of sh*t). So, I went on the net and I wanted to know as much as I possibly could about PA. When I wrote in the search engine, I clicked on the second link that came up (since the first one was the official PA website) and low and behold...it was this site! I couldn't stop reading all the trash on PA and when I continued reading, I knew exactly what to do with the contract--shred it into a million pieces! So...here I am--an amateur writer hoping to one day make it into the big wonderful world of literature. I'm so grateful for finding this place. If I hadn't, I would have been another PA victim with my dreams sweeped out from right under me.

Penny Graham

Registered
Reaction score
I live in the country on five acres of woods, in T
I found this site researching the questions of song lyrics in books, and memoirs. I was amazed when I found it. I've never seen such a helpful, organized and friendly site. I am impressed that everyone tries to help everyone out and there isn't the usual bickering that goes on on other sites like this. And how lucky to have pros like Jaws and others in the business to add their advice which would cost a fortune if you had to go see a lawyer. Since writing takes so much time, I won't be spending time on any other site because WHY? It is all here. Thanks to all who made it happen.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
I got hit in the head and figured I might check it out...not sure it's for me though.
i did not...I repeat did NOT hit you over the head. :p I think you need to give this site more than just a quick glance hun....you have a dream..people on this forum are here to give support and help you fulfill it and all because they care!

SnowStalker

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there

Well, I am brand new to the forum. I am an aspiring writer in the beginning phases of seeking professional publication for my novels. I have been published three times before; once at the age of eleven and twice in college. I came across this forum while trying to find an agent. Luckily I found you guys before I decided on one that turned out to be bad news.

I look forward to talking with each of you and learning what I can while also providing my own knowledge.

Thanks
Chris

Linda

Hello to all, I'm new here. I found the site by googling the name of an agent I suspected wasn't up to snuff. When I saw that Victoria posted here, I knew it was a legit and knowledgeable place. I have published three books but am having a bit of trouble crossing over to mainstream from the "Christian" market. I also belong to yahoo's Writers Anonymous and was on Todd Pierce's original list for Agents Actively Looking. I will try to remember to post now and then. Thanks. Linda Clare, Oregon

Lady

Registered
Reaction score
Through a friend on another board. (not related to writing)

Mobius

Oh, you're going to love this!
I was trying to find help with this novel that won't leave me alone until I finish it. Looking for some site that would allow 'adult themes' without coming after me with torches. After hours of searching, the heading What do you call your Privates? ( I paraphrased this as this is probably public ) I thought "That's the place I need to be!" Lol!