Alaskan Man Files To Have Obama Removed From Ballot

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
Because he's black.
No, really, that's the reasoning.

http://www.thegrio.com/politics/lawsuit-claims-obama-cant-be-president-because-hes-mulatto.php

for an Individual to be a Candidate for the Office of President of the United States, the Candidate must meet the qualifications set forth in the United States Constitution and one of those qualifications is that the Candidate shall be a "natural born Citizen" of the United States. As Barack Hussein Obama II is of the "Mulatto" race, his status of citizenship is founded upon the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. Before the [purported] ratification of the Fourteenth Amendment, the race of "Negro" or "Mulatto" had no standing to be citizens of the United States under the United States Constitution.

Read his ten page complaint here

Man, I bet he really thought he was on to something with this one. Note this isn't the first time Mr. Gordon Warren Epperly of Juneau, Alaska has done something like this. In 2010 he sent this to the Alaska Department of Election. Another snippet:

It appears that Lisa Murkowski has received the majority of votes cast, but there is a problem — Lisa Murkowski is not qualified for the Office of U.S. Senator as she is not a citizen of the United States under Article I of the Constitution for the United States.

Enclosed is a “Proclamation” declaring the political privileges of candidates to hold public offices of the United States. The “Proclamation” shows that U.S. Congress has never made provisions in the U.S. Constitution for women or non-white citizens to hold public offices.

Apparently only white males are legally able to hold office in the US. :Shrug:. This is kind of interesting to me because he's gone to such lengths that he's obviously positive about this. There's no doubt in his mind that 1. Non-whites aren't actually citizens (?????) and 2. Women and non-whites who hold office are "usurpers."

What a scary world he must live in.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, it must be so strange to live in a world where light comes from fire-less bulbs of glass and horseless carriages fly along highways at speeds faster than even the fastest locomotive, because he seems to have stepped out of the 18th fucking century.

Course, reading his shit, it just looks like a slightly different spin on the birthers.

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I confess, I am utterly at a loss to understand how someone that stupid can also be that crazy. Don't you need to have a working mind before you can develop mental dysfunction?

FFS.

This is a person who I would very dearly love to have kidnapped, flown to a real place, like LA or NY or Miami, and just left there, on a street corner. With hidden cameras around.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
I guess both of his complaints come from the premise that somehow the 14th Amendment isn't a real Amendment, that it wasn't ratified properly. (And from Mr. Epperly being a racist, and a crazy person.)

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Just for shits and giggles, does anyone know if this schmuck oppose all blacks/women in public office or just those whom he disagrees with? I mean, it's Alaska, right? At one time Sarah Palin was Governor. Did he flip out over that?

Death Wizard

Tumhe na koci puujetha
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deathwizardchronicles.blogspot.com
The amusing irony is that it wouldn't matter if Obama's name is on the Alaska ballot, or not. He has no possibility of winning this state.

caw

And the not amusing irony is that about a quarter of the people in this country is this effed-up, and virtually every one of this quarter of the population is a Republican.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
I guess both of his complaints come from the premise that somehow the 14th Amendment isn't a real Amendment, that it wasn't ratified properly. (And from Mr. Epperly being a racist, and a crazy person.)

In his first complaint he called it the (purported) ratification. But in Obama's case, he claims the 14th amendment gives non-whites and women "civil but not political rights."

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
I love this!
In this country even a lunatic can do this kind of thing without worrying that the government will send him to solitary confinement for the rest of his life.

The guy really did his homework...made some interesting arguments..and his claims should be dismissed. He's way off base, in my non-lawyer opinion.

My son married a woman from Australia and they live in the U.S. She's not a US citizen...they are about to have their first child, who, I assume will be qualified by birth to become President of the USA or maybe Prime Minister of Australia.

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
I confess, I am utterly at a loss to understand how someone that stupid can also be that crazy. Don't you need to have a working mind before you can develop mental dysfunction?

The disturbing thing is that he's only one step more out of reality than a lot of other legal interpretations (like Originalism), and he's only about 60 years out of fashion for finding justifications for disenfranchising people.

He's also, in some sense, less cracked than the people who think the original constitution was divinely inspired and should be read as holy writ.

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why this crackpot isn't running for the republican nomination. He'd fit right in with the rest of the wackadoos.

Lyxdeslic

Laughing every time I choke.
Registered
Reaction score
The amusing irony is that it wouldn't matter if Obama's name is on the Alaska ballot, or not. He has no possibility of winning this state.

caw
The amusing irony is I saw this thread title and immediately thought our very own blacbird was the Alaskan man filing. :D

That'd be an awesome way to become a P&CE legend.

Lyx

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why this crackpot isn't running for the republican nomination. He'd fit right in with the rest of the wackadoos.

Have any of the current GOP candidates claimed that Obama is not a US citizen and therefore is not eligible to be the President?
If they have, please cite.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"The only thing worse than being talked about... is not being talked about."
- Oscar Wilde

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Have any of the current GOP candidates claimed that Obama is not a US citizen and therefore is not eligible to be the President?

Well, no, not explicitly. But we do now have a major one who has alluded to him being the equivalent of Hitler, and influenced by Satan. Which would you prefer?

caw

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
tuzki-bunny-emoticon-048.gif

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
It's mildly amusing, which is why people are repeating and talking about it, but we all know how far his arguments are actually going to get him.

But...yeah... she of the misspelled name was an actual contender in Alaska. Ended up winning a historic victory, even. This guy was clearly reacting to a genuine concern of his, whether or not his reaction had any merit.

Is he actually worried that Obama could win Alaska? Or was this part of a long game, where he hoped removing Obama from the ballot in Alaska would carry over to other states?

Not that I'm sure that trying to dissect the reasoning of a madman is going to get us anywhere...

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
Is he actually worried that Obama could win Alaska? Or was this part of a long game, where he hoped removing Obama from the ballot in Alaska would carry over to other states?

Not that I'm sure that trying to dissect the reasoning of a madman is going to get us anywhere...

Legally speaking, if he gets Obama off the ballot in Alaska then he has precedent for others to make the same claim in other states. More than precedent, really.

But as you say, a madman going nowhere.