Anyone got any good thoughts to spare?

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
My dad goes into hospital tomorrow for an operation to treat mouth cancer. He was diagnosed a few weeks ago so it's all moving fast (which is good, I suppose).

If anyone has any good thoughts, can you send them his way? All are welcome and all gratefully received.

Thankee sai.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Goodness, seun. I'm sorry. Prayers and well wishes for your dad and your whole family.

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sending a lorry full of good thoughts to you and to him. It sounds trite, but staying positive is one of the most important things at a time like this.

:Hug2:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sending lots of good thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Thanks, everyone. I think he's more annoyed about having to shave off the beard he's had for forty years than anything else. :)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Best wishes are on the way for his speedy and complete recovery.

Maryn, with a hug

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
May things resolve as speedily as they began and bring you all back to a place at least as good as you came from.

Good thoughts, seun.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sending up a prayer right this very minute. :Hug2:

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Best wishes! I hope the operation goes well and his recovery is complete and uncomplicated.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Best wishes for ya'll, absolutely. It's definitely good it's moving fast -- a sign of good doctors on the case! I wish him a speedy recovery.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hope he'll get in and out and onto recovery soon. I'm no doctor or scientist obviously, but there was a small study done a few years ago on the ability of zeolite to remove toxins from the body. I guess they used it on a small number of cancer patients and seemed to have positive effects, but again, the study was small, limited, etc. There's very little actual "evidence" of the zeolite helping to reduce cancer in the human body, in larger scale studies. But the small study looked promising. I guess it's thought that zeolite is good at reducing certain toxins in the body, etc. They're doing more studies on it to see what other positive abilities it may have on the body (along with any side effects).

Anyway, don't quote me on that. I just happened to be looking up zeolite for something else for myself tonight and found the little cancer study, and then I logged on here and saw your post. The FDA han't approved zeolite for cancer treatment, obviously.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Thanks again, everyone. Saw him yesterday minus his beard. Very odd. At least I know what I'll look like at 60 if I'm clean shaven.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the good thoughts. They appear to have worked - my dad was allowed home after two days. He looks pretty rough (two black eyes, stitches, swollen face etc) but at least he's home. :Hug2: