Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh! I totally thought it was Legend of a Freak, same as her blog, haha. But that's pretty cool :)

Legend of the Freaks, is the series title. I though my blog name was a cute play on words! hehehe.

The F.R.E.A.K.s is the name of the first book, although I'm not sure if i can keep that... because i know agents are kind of against series.

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think they're against series, per se! They just want a first novel that can stand alone. If you have series potential, that's really a bonus. Although writing all the books in a series before the first has sold can be risky, I think often you just have to do it for your own sake as a writer.

Also, yay for editing!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
We're still on the 5th...

Anyways, I dropped in to say good morning (and check if we had gotten a new thread XD), and now I gotta go to school :/

Bah bye.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Well it can completely stand alone. All can actually. The only real information you need to know for each book are the individual abilities of the characters but it doesn't take long to get new readers informed every book. Only the 4th, and 11th-13th need for the reader to have more background.

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
Well, then you're all sweet. Series are awesome, imo. Although there are a few too many trilogies in YA.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah i love series too. That's why i have a hard time ending mine. Finally decided on only 13. Really there could be 12 but i'm debating if I should just have one really really really long last one or split it into two books.

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
*waves back at Ely*

And yay! Four months will pass in no time. Of course, then there's college and while late morning classes are the best thing ever, there are semesters like my current one where I have to be in junior high to teach by 7:30 in the morning. Who needs sleep? ;)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Dys, how are you?

Yeah my first class isnt till 1:30. After I finish this last chapter revision I'm going to sleep for a few hours and then drive up to school

Ok... anyone ever watch "You Again"? Well i've seen it several times and every single time I HATE the ending. ABSOLUTELY HATE IT! Why? Because its soooo unrealistic. I was bullied just as much if not worst then Marny and if my bully were marrying my brother (i dont have one but still) I'd NEVER let that happen. I'd tell him the first moment i saw her, and if he still agreed to marry her, I'd cut him out of my life.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
People can change, though. I firmly believe that people can change for the better as they grow up.

I'm not saying it would be right for your imaginary brother to do that to you, but still.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah people can change, its possible, but from my experience its rare.

Even in the movie, the bully started going back to her old evil bullying tactics in the movie when she was called out for what she was. In my opinion that shows her evilness was just laying dormant for a while. It just really bothers me about that movie, that in the end they were all awesome friends. NO! NO! that would never happen!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
is early in the morning, the mods are probably still asleep.

Hello Lisa!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
MAYBE THIS WILL BE THE FIRST TIME I WILL BE AWAKE WHEN WE GET A NEW THREAD. :D

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Hi Ally and Lisa!

I've been pretty shiny. Busy with work and school (I'll be done by next year, eep!) and getting this stupid little book ready to go agent stalking. ;)

And wow, this thread is about to break into its sixth volume? I remember when it was vol. two. :tongue

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still not 100%, but I'm hoping to do some work for class and write some of TMB, and maybe Sticks and Stones, today.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Off to take a nap before class! Talk to you all later!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm... I disagree. I think almost everybody changes UNLESS their life doesn't change. So if, when you graduate high school, you go away to university alone, meet new people and live new experiences, you'll change. But if you just stay in the same town with the same reputation and the same friends, you won't change. You know?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
A programme on the telly has made me want to write Highway Hearts, a pretty old WIP about two best friends who travel round Europe in a VW campervan.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry I dont believe the same. Why? Because I've been the same person my who life. I've never changed, but in my life I've changed schools 4 times, and have moved. My surrounding, and friends might have changed, but I never did.

Then take my friends as a young child. I'd lost real contact with them up until recently with facebook, just yesterday over dinner me and my mom were talking about how none of them changed. They all grew up into people we always thought they would.

I feel that peoples personalities are rather set from a very young age. You might change in style, taste, beliefs, or mold yourself into a frame that fits in with certain groups, but in the end your always that same person inside. I feel it take alot, an extreme amount of will, or trauma to change that true inner person.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to agree with Ally here. Obviously people change slightly as they grow and mature, but true fundamental change to character or behavior is rare and takes either extraordinary power of will or serious trauma.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Morning Margo! How are you today?

Ok had a large cup of tea with three tea bags... still no effect, so it looks like i'm going for a second cup. Pretty soon i'm going to need an IV of pure caffeine to keep me awake... That or i can just start taking coke.

Status
Not open for further replies.