• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

DragonEye Publishing (formerly In Search of the Universal Truth Publisher / ISOTUT Publisher)

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do you have a link? ETA: found it. That might be one of the most inept publisher sites I have ever seen. This is a vanity press. They want to separate you from your money.

To learn more about how publishing works, I recomend you read This is nothing like an official FAQ.

Last edited:

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com
Yeah, that's pretty bad. You almost have to try to pack in that many mistakes.

Mustafa

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that site reads like it's created by a group of ESL students. Yikes!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
The anti-evolution book they promote as their bestseller states in the introduction: "Neither is this book written with any perfect skillfulness such as in proper sentence structuring, or even correct usage of grammar - as that it not its true purpose."

Typos and bad grammar in the service of the creator.

Sigh.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Promoting books by mentioning they were sent in for nomination but didn't even make it that far.

Leaving the blanks open for an upcoming event.

On the FAQ page:
We, ISOTUT Publisher, is an Independent Book Publisher, as we are not part of a group of publishers that are owned by
any Large Publishing Houses (Company).
:Shrug:
We publish all writing genre's and we do not turn away any of our writers or their books.
So far, not good.
Those fees that we will quote you in our publishing proposal is for our services to edit / design your book.
RUN. Fast and far.

Here's the menu:

• Poetry: $1500.00
  • Short story (I'm assuming collections?): $1416.00
  • Novel: $2960.00
  • Graphic Novel: $2835.00
And as you scroll further down, they offer the standard level of bullshit on agents and other publishers for no charge.

G. Applejack

Write faster! FASTER!
Registered
Reaction score
I clicked on the About Us and was disappointed that Michael Kiser is not, in fact, a Nigerian prince.

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
The anti-evolution book they promote as their bestseller states in the introduction: "Neither is this book written with any perfect skillfulness such as in proper sentence structuring, or even correct usage of grammar - as that it not its true purpose."

I feel like I should throw that line into my query letter. Can only help my case, amirite? ;)

Asha Leu

Registered
Reaction score
The "Generating more book sales" section of the website has to be seen to be beleived.

The actual advice is a number of How-To lists quite clearly plagiarized from other websites, and then at the end they add: (bolding mine)

As we have given you 40 ideas on how you the authors' can generate more book sale for your book(s) over the
last 3 months. We feel that we had given you all the tactics you need to create book sale on your end as a author
of your book.

Now the only thing to do is to head back to the top of this page and start doing these tactics over again. Also as
long as your book is published, continue to repeat these tactics over and over again on a daily and weekly basis.
Being a Author never stops. So why should you stop in doing the most important thing as a author, which is to get
out and talk, talk and talk about yourself and about your book.

We wish all of our authors the best with their books

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Ya know, maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I thought the author's primary job was to write the next book. Promotion was a supplimental job to the publisher's marketing effort.

Course, I still like to work with pencil and paper sometimes and still use cursive. Guess I'm just not "with it" these days.

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
Now the only thing to do is to head back to the top of this page and start doing these tactics over again. Also as
long as your book is published,
buy our shampoo product and continue to repeat these tactics over and over again on a daily and weekly basis and soon you will have lovely, manageable hair.
:e2shower:I'm gonna wash that publisher right out of my hair. I'm gonna wash that publisher right out of my hair and send him on his way!

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com

Typos and bad grammar in the service of the creator.

Sigh.

I said something similar to the Olympic track team committee. "I'm not a fast runner, and I don't really like to run so I haven't practiced, but that's not why I should be on the track team. I want a trip to London." For some reason, they refused. It's almost like they expect their track runners to train and put effort into it before they get rewarded.

I guess I'll just go back to writing, since it obviously requires neither of those.

AuthorSandraRains

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authors-cubbyhole.socialgo.com
Hmm

The "Generating more book sales" section of the website has to be seen to be beleived.

The actual advice is a number of How-To lists quite clearly plagiarized from other websites, and then at the end they add: (bolding mine)

When did believed start being spelled beleived?

See how easy it is to make mistakes?

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
They're onto us! I just popped over to the site and got a 404 message.

Oh, wait - false alarm. They can now be found here: http://www.insearchoftheuniversaltruthpublisher.com/index.html

Sadly, their offer to publish your book for only $300 (without editing) expires tomorrow. Something tells me that this might be a safer option than paying $700 to have your book tinkered with by this merry band of functional illiterates. The company seems to have started out as a self-publishing venture by Michael Joseph Kiser, whose books will tell you everything you need to know about ISOTUT. And much, much more. :Jaw:

Last edited:

Theo81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atrivialblogforseriouspeople.blogspot.com
When did believed start being spelled beleived?

See how easy it is to make mistakes?

Hello Sandra, welcome to Absolute Write. I take it you are Sandra Rains DeBusk, author of several titles published by ISOTUT.

As you point out, it's easy to make mistakes. It's easier still to make typos.

We have one rule here: Respect Your Fellow Writer.

What can you tell us about ISOTUT? I'd particularly like to hear about the editing because I've had a quick look at a couple of your books and there are errors which shouldn't be there.

Also: Link to ISOTUT (as the above doesn't work)

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
This is amazing stuff.

At Traditional Publisher, they own your copyright materials. Traditional Publisher have all the rights to your book in all formats, Paperback, Hardback, Audio Book, E-Book, and foreign language rights and Reprint rights. If another publisher shows interest in your book they do not have to let you know and conduct an agreement on your behalf. The same with if there is an interest in your book from including movie, screenplay, radio, TV.
Makes you wonder why Stephen King and J. K. Rowling signed all their rights away to Traditional Publisher, doesn't it?

What Is A Independent Publisher / Independent Publishing?

This form of publishing your book is where you the author pays the publisher to perform the necessary process to prepare your book for publishing. Also some publishers will charge the writer other fees as well.
So basically, you get screwed by the publisher no matter what you do. Traditional Publisher will take your copyright and Independent Publisher will take your money.

you still have to pay to publish your book through a publisher no matter who the publisher is. They all charge their authors a fee and that fee is based on what that publisher charges. Each publisher fee is different 
Oh no, wait. Now Traditional Publisher takes money too!

Maybe Traditional Publisher is Independent Publisher. Sort of a Zen thing.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Sandra, I'm intrigued by the review printed at the beginning of your book Alien Harvest. It's credited to:

New York Times Bestseller
HOPE: In A Lost An Fallen World
By Only A. Guy

I'm quite sure this book was never on the New York Times Bestseller list:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008IJ4BLY/?tag=absowrit-20

According to Only A. Guy's publisher, VIP Ink:

His books has been ranked within the top 10 at Amazon.
http://www.vipinkpublishing.com/authors/

And to echo Theo81's question, the editor of Alien Harvest is credited as Heidi Erikson. If this is typical of what ISOTUT's authors are paying for I have to say that they are being robbed - it doesn't begin to approach a professional standard.

Last edited: