• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Write More Publications

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.writemorepublications.com/index.html

Committed to helping writers achieve their dreams, while bringing great stories to readers!

It is a truth universally acknowledged that writers who have been published by an amateur publishing house will be seized by a burning desire to start their own amateur publishing house.

The owner and senior editor of Write More Publications is Firefly and Wisp author Theresa Oliver:

I grew up in southern Indiana, across from Louisville, Kentucky, in Clarksville, Indiana. In my childhood, I fell in love with the power of the written word, a love affair which has continued my whole life. I moved to Florida, where I have lived much of my adult life. I attended the University of Tennessee at Martin, Martin, TN, and earned my Bachelor of Arts in Communications, News Editorial sequence, and then a Master of Arts in Teaching, Early Childhood Education sequence, from Armstrong Atlantic State University, Savannah, GA. I am currently a writer and a full-time teacher. However, my biggest adventure is as a mother of three beautiful boys. But most of all, I love writing and want to share it with you!

I see no evidence of previous publishing or (non-news) editing experience, and the fact that Ms Oliver is a full-time teacher makes me wonder how much time and effort she can devote to WMP.

Of the four books currently available from WMP two are by Oliver herself and two by another F&W author, J S Wilsoncroft.

Anyway, make of this what you will. WMP is accepting submissions from 1st November:

Write More Publications is currently taking novel submissions in the genre of fiction, in the areas of young adult and adult paranormal, romance, action, adventure, horror, and adult sweet romance. No erotica submissions, please. Also, we are not taking nonfictional texts at this time.

There is nothing on WMP's website explaining how the company is "helping writers achieve their dreams", but it's reasonable to assume that they're offering the standard POD deal.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
It is a truth universally acknowledged that writers who have been published by an amateur publishing house will be seized by a burning desire to start their own amateur publishing house.
This is a hideously accurate statement.

- Victoria

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Write More Publications is now listed as 'not recommended' on Preditors and Editors due to a bad contract.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
I was offered a contract with them. Theresa Oliver came across as being very pleasant to speak with (e-mail wise) but ultimately, I declined, mainly because the contract had me signing my rights away and also because I didn't think the story was good enough at that point. While I do want the story published, the waiting time of over a year turned me off as did the terms of the contract. There were no harsh words between us and we wished each other well. I'll keep trying.

jaksen

Caped Codder
Registered
Reaction score
In MA, USA, across from a 17th century cemetery
I'm going a little nuts with this.

I clicked on their website and read the descrip. for one of their books. Then I watched the trailer for the same book. The character names and plot lines for the book do not match those in the trailer. Totally diff stories, diff character names, but same book title and book trailer title.

I am mystified or so stupid I am missing something.

akaria

Registered
Reaction score