• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency

HumbleScribe

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
My timeline so far is excellent too:
Query for my historical fiction emailed Sept 28th 10pm.
Reply from Jessica the very next morning, requesting a full and the synopsis. Less than an hour after I emailed that, I received a personalized email acknowledging receipt of the submission and that they'd get back to me. From what I've read in this thread, I'd be in great hands if I ever become one of their clients. Here's to hoping!

erin_michelle

Foreshadowing Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Ack! Just received my rejection on my full submission to Jessica. I can't complain since she mentioned that she enjoyed the concept, but it wasn't a good fit for her.

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
Your first R? You mean on a full or are you talking on any query? And I'm not sure about if she passes them on or not. Others that subbed after mine have heard too- so fingers crossed for both you and I.

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
New York. If you see me anywhere else I'm lost.
Your first R? You mean on a full or are you talking on any query? And I'm not sure about if she passes them on or not. Others that subbed after mine have heard too- so fingers crossed for both you and I.

Full R. I wish it were my first query R! :)

Something is definitely strange that everyone is hearing before us though. Gonna be the two month mark for me soon.

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
I'm right there with you- about a week after in fact. I did get the automated response when I sent it. Maybe ours is in the "re-read" pile? Or a considering pile? I don't want to think it's in the "not worthy of a response" pile. ;) hahaha

And on the R thing- I was really going to say you have one heck of a query if this is your first submission to full! I was going to ask if you gave query lessons!

Full R. I wish it were my first query R! :)

Something is definitely strange that everyone is hearing before us though. Gonna be the two month mark for me soon.

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
I'm right there with you- about a week after in fact. I did get the automated response when I sent it. Maybe ours is in the "re-read" pile? Or a considering pile? I don't want to think it's in the "not worthy of a response" pile. ;) hahaha

And on the R thing- I was really going to say you have one heck of a query if this is your first submission to full! I was going to ask if you gave query lessons!

Haha no I NEED query lessons. Well maybe not any more. SYW got me to three fulls, but the rejections do keep pouring in.

I did get the automated response though- Jessica even emailed me to let me know she got it. Hopefully you're right about the re-read pile. When did you submit again?

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
Phantom Writer and Moost: when did you two submit? My full went out on Sept 14 so I'm thinking I should be hearing anytime now too. Then again, I did recently send her a revision so it may be longer because of that...

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted August 28th. Did she ask for the revision?

No. I contacted her after revising due to agent feedback and asked if she would like the revision. She said yes, so I sent it. She was very polite and gracious about it.

socact

Registered
Reaction score
I'm on the same timeline as you guys. I submitted a partial on 8/26, and the full on 9/17 (she requested the full after the partial, but maybe she wanted the full initially - she said "sample," so I didn't know what to send). Anyway, I'll let you know when I hear something.

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
No. I contacted her after revising due to agent feedback and asked if she would like the revision. She said yes, so I sent it. She was very polite and gracious about it.

Wow- she sounds great. The same thing happened to me- sort of. An agent gave me feedback on my first three chapters and I made subsequent changes. It's probably too late for me to send Jessica the revision now though.

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
Wow- she sounds great. The same thing happened to me- sort of. An agent gave me feedback on my first three chapters and I made subsequent changes. It's probably too late for me to send Jessica the revision now though.

She does seem very sweet. I love that she asks for fulls right off the bat, that way she can read as far as she wants until she knows for sure.

Hmm...it does seem like you're getting close to hearing from her now. Maybe if she likes it she'll offer anyway or suggest revisions that are on track with what you've already done. Here's hoping!

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
She does seem very sweet. I love that she asks for fulls right off the bat, that way she can read as far as she wants until she knows for sure.

Hmm...it does seem like you're getting close to hearing from her now. Maybe if she likes it she'll offer anyway or suggest revisions that are on track with what you've already done. Here's hoping!

Thank you! Good luck to you as well. Judging from the last few posts it seems as if she's reading backwards. So maybe we'll get a response soon.

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! Good luck to you as well. Judging from the last few posts it seems as if she's reading backwards. So maybe we'll get a response soon.

You're welcome! And thank you. I'm a little nervous to hear back from her. She was my first full request. I have another out but that was agency submission guidelines so I don't really count that as a request. I also have 2 partials still out. But I really like Jessica. I'll be sad to get a reject from her. LOL!

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
My full went out the first week of Sept. So we are all right there together. AJ sounds like you've had a great experience with her and my fingers are crossed for you too! :)

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
My full went out the first week of Sept. So we are all right there together. AJ sounds like you've had a great experience with her and my fingers are crossed for you too! :)

Thanks! Mine are for you too.:)

I don't have my hopes up but you know...

naa989

Ivy
Registered
Reaction score
Got a R from Jessica to my full. It was quick: she got back to me in 10 days.

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't think the resub would push your date back, but I could be horribly wrong on that. Fingers still crossed. ;) (toes too)