Merry Christmas!

Shay Dee

Registered
Reaction score
My gift you is ME!
I kid, but seriously, hello everyone. Just discovered AW yesterday, I know, shoot meh!
I'm from Uk, London, any other Londoners here? I'm not fussy, just curious.

This place is packed with stuff I don't even know where to start.... Any suggestions?

Don't bust a gut folks, but enjoy the turkey :p

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.

We have lots of folks from the UK. You'll meet them in time.

My only suggestion is to take your time and get to know the forums and how things are done here. It's big place for an Internet forum, but newbies are just as welcome here as anyone else. We're a little nutty, but friendly for the most part.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Merry Christmas! You might start in the area of writing you are interested in, like novels or freelance. Don't forget about Office Party when you want a break and some fun.

RobertEvert

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robertevert.com
My gift you is ME!
I kid, but seriously, hello everyone. Just discovered AW yesterday, I know, shoot meh!

This place is packed with stuff I don't even know where to start.... Any suggestions?

Welcome!!!

Booker

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome Shay Dee It's all beer and skittles

Have a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!!!

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
It is 2: 14 a.m. Christmas morning in western Kansas. The sky is foggy. The night is 19* with enough breeze to send the tumble weeds ambling; no snow as yet but there is still hope for the sled that is under the tree. The ponies in the corral down the road are speaking horse again. The owl is owling. The neighbors are home from midnight mass--pulling out all the stops--Los Tigres del Norte and cerveza. The tias are inside around the tree; the tios are outside making barbacoa and telling stories in Spanish. I think that is what woke me. No sweat--nice to see people having a good time together. I imagine that when our celebration starts at eleven all the neighbors will be asleep. Anyway, I'm going to have a glass of wine and try to write a little--a second Merry Christmas to all !--s6

Last edited:

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

Shay Dee

Registered
Reaction score
It is 2: 14 a.m. Christmas morning in western Kansas. The sky is foggy. The night is 19* with enough breeze to send the tumble weeds ambling; no snow as yet but there is still hope for the sled that is under the tree. The ponies in the corral down the road are speaking horse again. The owl is owling. The neighbors are home from midnight mass--pulling out all the stops--Los Tigres del Norte and cerveza. The tias are inside around the tree; the tios are outside making barbacoa and telling stories in Spanish. I think that is what woke me. No sweat--nice to see people having a good time together. I imagine that when our celebration starts at eleven all the neighbors will be asleep. Anyway, I'm going to have a glass of wine and try to write a little--a second Merry Christmas to all !--s6

No rest fr the wicked, you must be on santa's naughty list lol

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
My gift you is ME!

Well, I'm just to the left of you, west midlander. ;) Good t'have you here, shay dee :D :hi:

Shay Dee

Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

The most I'll probably do is post a query one day, the guys in there seem really helpful and honest, I like that. I don't feel I have the ability or knowledge to critique just yet but I do in private as the sticky suggested.

Hi there Fallen! :p

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to you, too, and welcome.

Shay Dee

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes, hopefully I'll meet you all around! Cheers :p