A blurb about Formula 1

Nakhlasmoke

yes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cathellisen.com

Yeah kimibot. He does crack me up. Mr Monotone and his press conferences - somehow I don't see a stellar career in sales for him after his driving days are over.

On the other hand, who could forget his "I was having a shit" interview. hehehehe.

I'm a Coulthard fan too, he really seems to have been shafted recently. Every year is Coulthard's year ....and that doesn't happen. Him and Webber.

Last edited:

Phil DeBlanque

Registered
Reaction score
So, Formula One is living to the "if you want to win, get a finn" saying.

Massa, man, Massa, what happened? That mistake probably will cost his title chances.

One thing I miss in Formula One is old Nelson Piquet. I remember prost was giving an interview about some milestone on his career, when nelson got close and started, behind the frenchman, to make fun of his nose. The journalists went wild!

And this is classic:

Interviewer, before a race: "So, Piquet, would you like to win today?"
Nelson Piquet: "No, today I'd like to be the 16th!"

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Massa, man, Massa, what happened? That mistake probably will cost his title chances.
I like little Felipe, but I think he's too volatile to be world champion. He's a very good driver, but he'd have to have an entire season where nothing wound him up. Either that or have lobotomy.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Easy McLaren fans. One race and the hubris in here is deafening. ;)

And for race 2 ... oh ... look! w00t!

After the nightmare that was Australia, world champions Ferrari were very much in command in Malaysia. One-two on the grid and what should have been one-two in the race. Only a costly error from Felipe Massa prevented him following Kimi Raikkonen home for a perfect result.

The consolation was that arch rivals McLaren were unable to take full advantage, thanks largely to their qualifying grid penalties. The worry for both squads was BMW Sauber, who claimed second place and the fastest lap. We take a team-by-team look at the Sepang outcome…

Ferrari
Kimi Raikkonen, P1/1m 35.405s
Felipe Massa, retired, spin/1m 35.914s
No problems at all for Kimi Raikkonen, in a race that he dominated. And none for Felipe Massa, until an expensive mistake spun him out and cost the team eight crucial championship points. Ferrari had a torrid time in Australia, but Malaysia proved conclusively that they are back, and will be formidable opposition to McLaren from now on.
http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2008/3/7553.html

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I'd like to see Williams as a threat, but I don't think that's really going to happen this year. What was practically mind-bending was that both Red Bulls finished a race! When did that last happen?

Since I'm relatively new to F1 (three seasons in and a good bit of studying-up) I have to say that David Coulthard seems like an excuse machine and also one very quick to point a finger. That said, I love his rants and last week threatening, on camera no less, to 'kick three colors of shit out of the little bastard' (referring to Massa) was hilarious. (Too bad I can't get the ITV coverage here - had to wait for it to pop up on Google videos.) I need to see him on the podium again to scrub the picture of him trying to look triumphant in a Superman cape (Monaco '06 -how embarrassing must that have been?) Poor dear. No wonder he's grumpy.

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
I'd like to see Williams as a threat, but I don't think that's really going to happen this year. What was practically mind-bending was that both Red Bulls finished a race! When did that last happen?
The last race, when they were left in the tailgate cooler unopened. :)

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
So, Formula One is living to the "if you want to win, get a finn" saying.
I have a Finn* but The Button still can't manage to finish. That car is going to kill us this year!

*So, apparently adoroable Toddler Finn's don't count in the saying.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
but The Button still can't manage to finish. That car is going to kill us this year!
He finished! He got 10th. Not great, but better than mostly he did all last year. And at least he's not whizzing by in a blur of grass clippings and riesling-bottle glass.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
It's okay. I ran the opening post through the gender guesser and it came up 76.24% Male.

Amusingly, I'm 'MALE' in the 'informal' analysis, but on the 'formal' side, I received a 57.96% and was identified as a 'WEAK MALE' with this note as a qualifier:

Weak emphasis could indicate European.

Lol! That's just rude.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
He finished! He got 10th. Not great, but better than mostly he did all last year. And at least he's not whizzing by in a blur of grass clippings and riesling-bottle glass.
Yeah, Malaysia. I was still thinking about Australia...

Silly me. I missed a race this weekend with all the family type people floating around. Besides, I'm in the clutches of March Madness.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Yeah, I think they need another run in the wet. It'll be very interesting to see what happens then. Jenson's win in Hungary wasn't a fluke. It was just that a whole lot of people need to crash so he can show us how good he is.

That's kinda sad, but at least he isn't a fraud.

Wrathman

Registered
Reaction score
The only interesting thing about Coulthard over the last couple of seasons is trying to guess which lap he would crash on. Maybe we should have a contest here to try and pick that lap in Bahrain.

It's a 7am start for Bahrain where I live. So much for sleeping in on the weekend.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I didn't know you were an astronaut! That's so neat. But, yeah, don't know much anything about Bahrain except that they make their own islands and stuff.

I just meant the Bahrain Formula1 event. The scenery is so interesting.

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
I didn't know you were an astronaut! That's so neat. But, yeah, don't know much anything about Bahrain except that they make their own islands and stuff.
:) That's United Arab Emirates. Bahrain is where Michael Jackson lives. :)

I just meant the Bahrain Formula1 event. The scenery is so interesting.
It's because it's a brand new course. We're in the honeymoon phase with it. I feel the same about the China course. Did you see all the sand surrounding that course. That must play hell on the teams, the engines, and all that spandex and bikini work the girls are dishing. ;)