Jactancy January 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
heyjude - Aren't migraines the pits? It came back this morning but after hitting it with my meds, it seems to be gone.

lizmonster - Thanks. I have the exact same problem with the end of a manuscript. I subconsciously find ways to keep going, ugh.

Zelenka - Holy heck! That's A LOT of words.

Yesterday I wrote 1,262 words, 104k in draft.

Everyone else: Great job, keep on plugging away!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Here's to many words and lack of headaches. We need our team healthy!

I was procrastinating badly tonight, but amazingly when I sat down and just did it I managed to knock out 1322 words - and finish the horrible exposition-y bit. Now I have one or two little connective bits to do...and then voila! First draft.

At that point, I'm thinking of taking at least one night off with a bottle of wine and a straw.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Started the second draft of my synopsis yesterday. I think I can I think I can...

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can't believe how fast this month is going. My word count has been abysmal (I love that word, it just rolls off the tongue. :D What can I say, I'm a writer, words make me happy even if they're not happy words. :Shrug:)

Today I've written the grand total of 58 words. Note to self: switch off the internet and write!:whip:

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Great wordage, everyone. (Yes, you too, muse.:D ) Words is words, no matter the number.

Yes you can, HJ. :e2cheer:

A little slower at the "day job" and so I did manage a few more words today. Got a whopping 634, taking the WIP WC over 44k. (Almost at the 1/2 way point!)

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Started the second draft of my synopsis yesterday. I think I can I think I can...

No no no. It's: I know I can I know I can.

Muse I agree, the internet is the devil.

I didn't write anything yesterday. Had a job interview and then met up with friends for a trivia night.

Today I will write 800 words which will bring me up to 25K.

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
:partyguy: 25K!

And hopefully more to come this afternoon.

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Lizmonster!

Totalled 1335 words today. 3 of those words were 'End Act One'. I got so excited typing that. (Did I mention this is my first attempt at a novel?)

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Great progress franky! I'm doing my first novel too - it's exciting to reach those milestones, isn't it?

No words from me last night (or the night before), but I'm on a business trip to Scotland today so hoping to get some done in the hotel tonight.

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
I do set goals. No, really, I do. I just never achieve them. Thanks to this forum, I re-set the 500 words a day goal for each month. Seems like a very obtainable goal. Getting close to the end of the month and once again, I fell way short. My hats off to y'all who meet the challenge and exceed it. I did receive my pre-press galley proof for The Devil's Blues (due out Feb 5th), which didn't require writing words, just correcting a few. AND, I did manage to add 1600 words yesterday to my WIP and added a blog post last week. Today, I'm awaiting the arrival of my two darling granddaughters, whose mother will be in Chicago the rest of the week, so my daily word count will be stymied once again. Oh well, just wait until next month and watch me knock 'em out.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Great words Saoirse and liz. And CONGRATS to franky!

I'm having fun writing today. 2600 and counting. I'm working on a certain effect today. I explained it in my blog but you know how you're running fast to upbeat music and a slow song or voice piece comes on. You sort of get a feeling of running in mid-air. At least I do. I'm working on WRITING that feeling,

And checking back on iPad aps, of all five writing aps I've tried, I'm enjoying Storyist the most. Anyone else tried it? It works well with Dropbox but it only put the text in rtf. I figure I can reformat into Word at the end. I still like Storybook best for organizing on the computer.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Hmm. No words today, but I made the most of being alone and read the last five chapters of my WIP aloud to myself. Took near-on an hour and a half. Some words were lost, some added, others re-ordered.

It's good I spent time on it, but I'm now wondering if I should have just written some more and done the editing later.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
osg, I find reading out loud to be critical. On the other hand, I have to keep an ear open in case my kid comes down the stairs while I'm doing it!

1090 tonight. Think I'm 1 or 2K away from being done. And then the big hatchet will come out, because I broke 120K tonight, and I know without even re-reading that it's bloated.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
No words for me yesterday either, OSG. The "day job" is getting crazy and kept me going all day. I just need to hurry up and win the lottery so that I can quit and just write. Either that or hurry up and get that T.V. deal for my books! :D Hopefully I will get time for some words today.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
So who's playing Kelli, Ken? :)

Well, OSG, if it's made into a movie, I was thinking Charlize Theron as Kelli. For television, I'm not really sure, but she would have to be a strong lead.

Charlize-Theron-1_zps979210c6-1_zps66352080.jpg

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
580 last night. I think I sprained my brain.

Not sure whether to laugh or commiserate. (What the heck, I'll do both. :D :Hug2:)

Great wordage everyone. (Ken, if you win the lotto, remember all your poor writer friends.;))

I finally got out of double digits and did an amazing 3,234 words!:banana:

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
AWESOME wordage, muse. Saoirse, I've never heard of a sprained brain, but think you should do the equivalent of putting it in a sling. An episode of the Kardashians ought to work. And Ken, I do hope you get Charlize. She's awesome.

I put in about 427 this morning and feel sort of distracted at the moment. I'm having lunch with a writer friend to strategize my writing time. She's a good influence.

Have a great write,

Lucie