What are you reading?

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
STONE CITY by Mitchell Smith. One review says:

“Stone City” was published seven years before “Oz.,” the hour-long prison drama on HBO. I'd never read anything like it. . .every aspect of it feels real, sometimes terrifyingly so. The ending of “Stone City” is genuinely shocking, and it pisses off a lot of readers.

Right up my alley. . .

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still reading Lamb by Christopher Moore. It's a long book, but I'm almost finished. Hilarious. Seriously. And I love how he wove in all the Bible stories...and really made them more believable, IMO.

I'm also reading Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. She's an excellent YA author, and I'm looking forward to more from her (I've read everything else).

Reaction score
Two chapters into 'The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien'. Enjoying it so far. Had to try very hard not to laugh aloud on the bus last night during 'Chapter 1: An Unexpected Party'. :D

shadowmuse

I *heart* Kittehs.
Registered
Reaction score
Reading Black Heart by Holly Black. About to start Spartacus The Gladiator by Ben Kane!!! so excited for that one. :)

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
I just started The Return by William Shatner. It's an older Star Trek novel, but it's pretty good so far.

WordCount

You don't have coffee? Go away.
Registered
Reaction score
I just started The Return by William Shatner. It's an older Star Trek novel, but it's pretty good so far.

For I wish to challenge thee custom user title! For I am the real doctor!

Only a joke, of course. Never take me or my purple prose seriously.

What am I reading, you say? The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
The Monster Club by R. Chetwynd-Hayes. Some seriously delicious words (shadmocks, humgoo, shaddy, maddy and raddy) and a wonderful sense of humor.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I've gotten an Advanced Review Copy of Tana French's, BROKEN HARBOR. It might be her best yet. And that's saying something.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
For I wish to challenge thee custom user title! For I am the real doctor!

Only a joke, of course. Never take me or my purple prose seriously.

What am I reading, you say? The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli.

Always nice to meet a fellow Who geek! :D

I have a feeling my next read will be a Doctor Who novel. I'm off to Forbidden Planet today to get my Who fix!

angeluscado

Registered
Reaction score
The Hunger Games. I think I made the mistake of not waiting until this weekend to read it (got it on Saturday and started it Sunday night) because I'm having problems putting it down. Every time I get to something really good, I either have to go to bed or get off the bus or get back to work. I have a feeling I'm going to go lie down early and finish it because I can't wait to see how it ends. Kind of regretting not getting the box set this weekend.

After this, I've got either "City of Lost Souls" by Cassandra Clare or "The Calling" by Kelly Armstrong. Definitely on a YA kick lately.