• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Project 2017 - Beta Forum thread (BP now over)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, beta/mentor/writing buddy searchers!

The annual Beta Project is going on and is available to everybody searching for betas (as long as you joined by April 28, 2017). This is a contest-type-thing where you enter with some information about your book, including a pitch and the first 750 words of the novel. At the very least you will come out of the contest with 3 crits on your beginning, but you also may receive a bunch of beta requests.

Lots and lots and lots and...(well, you get it) of information about it may be found here: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?328239-Beta-Project-2017-(now-with-new-deadlines!)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
2 days left to enter the Beta Project. See the thread linked above for rules and examples.

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
Today's the last day for Beta Project entries, folks!

Pop on over to Sage's link in post #1 for more info, then send her a PM with the relevant information if you have a novel you'd like feedback on and you're eligible to enter. :)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
The entry period for the contest ended over a week ago, but if anyone's looking to beta and wants a little more information (like a pitch, ~3 pages, and info about the novel and what the author wants from a beta), you can head over to the Beta Project entries (password: testing) and search for a good match there. Send requests through me.

You can also choose to just critique one or more entries as they appear in that thread, if you prefer a smaller time commitment. These crits would still be sent to me.

Last edited:

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
This current round of the Beta Project is over, so that's the main reason you can't enter this round, but, yes, there was a join-date requirement.

I'll run another BP next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.