Blogmutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone writing for Blogmutt?
I signed up and wrote one post but havent done much more than that. I cant tell if its been accepted or not yet.
The application process says that the large majority of posts are excepted but they pay only $8 per post.

You write on spec. checking out clients and their past posts to decide what to pitch.

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't even heard of them! I am signing up because $8 a post sounds pretty good. I will keep y'all posted.

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
I got accepted. I am going to try to figure out how the system works so I can get started with them. How is it going with you?

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
I signed up and wrote $144 worth. It took about two weeks and now I have invoiced and am waiting for my first payment. (They said they pay on Mondays but no sign of it at 8:52 p.m.
It is easy to write for them but 3 of my posts were rejected even though the writing was error free and on topic. They gave no explanation and arent required to so I guess I will never know.
Hows it going for everyone else?

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
I had my payment when I got up this morning. Plus a very polite email about why it was late and if I had any questions. How awesome is that?,,,

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
I've written five posts and one has gotten posted already and is awaiting invoicing. Two of the others have been languishing there for several weeks, but have not been rejected. The other two were written this week. I don't think I've written enough yet. I don't think I'd want an invoice for $8!

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
This opportunity sounds really interesting, thanks for sharing. I want to apply, but considering I was just rejected for three different sites, I was hoping you could tell me a bit about the application process and what is required before I apply. I just don't want to waste my time if I don't qualify. Thanks so much.

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
This opportunity sounds really interesting, thanks for sharing. I want to apply, but considering I was just rejected for three different sites, I was hoping you could tell me a bit about the application process and what is required before I apply. I just don't want to waste my time if I don't qualify. Thanks so much.

Why were you rejected from the other sites?

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I later found out that Demand Media Studios mostly only accepts applications where the sample writing is a "how-to" style article (I submitted a travel brochure type sample).

My rejection from Break Studios didn't include a reason.

As for Writer's Access, I messed up and accidentally skipped a part of the application and they rejected me and told me I couldn't apply again.

The last one was just a mistake on my part, and I'm not sure about the second, but since the first could've been prevented had I known more about what they wanted, I'm trying to find out as much as I can before I apply.

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
Well, the writing is very typical blog post with keyword optimization. So, if they ask for a sample (and I don't remember if they do) I would make sure to stay within their projected word count and optimize the post with a keyword. For me, I put the keyword in the title, once in the first paragraph, once in the body, and once at the end of the post.

TrixieBelden

Registered
Reaction score
I think everyone is accepted there because you can write all the posts you want but if they are crap they wont be accepted.
I don't dig the $8 a post, specifically for those clients that want boo-coo research and unlimited editing and more than 500 words. I skip those clients lol.
There are many I truly enjoy writing for and I can crank out a post in less than 30 minuets for them.

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
Cool, thanks guys. It sounds pretty typical. I think I will apply and see what happens. 8 dollars an article could be a pretty fair deal depending on the length. I'm getting 7 dollars per 500 words right now on Textbroker.

kohuether

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I definitely skip the ones with all the instructions. Not worth my time! I have ten posts written there right now and slowly but surely they are getting posted.

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I wrote them and asked about my application. They said they were behind but would work on approving my account last night, and when I woke up this morning I saw that it was done, so I'm now a member. :)

Amelia23

Registered
Reaction score
I signed up for Bloggmutt a while back and they accepted me. My question is, how to begin writing for them? I looked at some of the projects. Some accepted posts were only a few sentences, and some were several paragraphs. How or where does it tell you what they want? I usually don't have any trouble writing, but with this one I am totally unsure. Any advicse for others who are writing for them would be much appreciated.

The Don

Life is My Illusion
Registered
Reaction score
Website
humanistenvironmentalist.blogspot.com
Accepted but still no access

I was sent a long acceptance e-mail from Scott of Blogmutt on October 1. It asked me to reply, telling him if I was ready to start. I replied that day and still do not have access to the site. When I log in it states application is still pending.

Does anyone know if this is typical for the site or should I send a reminder e-mail?

Thanks

Don

The Don

Life is My Illusion
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I signed up for Bloggmutt a while back and they accepted me. My question is, how to begin writing for them? I looked at some of the projects. Some accepted posts were only a few sentences, and some were several paragraphs. How or where does it tell you what they want? I usually don't have any trouble writing, but with this one I am totally unsure. Any advicse for others who are writing for them would be much appreciated.

Well, I did get into the system after e-mailing Scott, he said was just a bit behind.

Amelia; I was sent a link to a video on yahoo that seems helpful, not sure if you watched that. I'll have to do quite a bit of research before writing though because it does seem a bit daunting to try to figure out exactly what the customer is wanting.

Just new to me I guess, hope it works out though.

Amelia23

Registered
Reaction score
Amelia; I was sent a link to a video on yahoo that seems helpful, not sure if you watched that. I'll have to do quite a bit of research before writing though because it does seem a bit daunting to try to figure out exactly what the customer is wanting.

Thank you for reminding me about that link. I don't believe that I watched it because I was waiting for a quiet time at my house. I guess I waited so long that I forgot. LOL

How is it going for you?

The Don

Life is My Illusion
Registered
Reaction score
Website

Thank you for reminding me about that link. I don't believe that I watched it because I was waiting for a quiet time at my house. I guess I waited so long that I forgot. LOL

How is it going for you?

Ha, yeah having little "quiet time" is my main problem with getting this writing thing going full time.

I've written a couple blogs for blogmutt. One rejected, one accepted. Been spending most of my time elsewhere, but still think it could work out.

scorpiodragon

Black belt in awesome
Registered
Reaction score
This sounds interesting. I was wondering are you able to see what your final blog post looks like on the clients blog and are you credited as the writer?

Status
Not open for further replies.