• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Bandersnatch Books

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
Looks like they're in the middle of a redesign (from what they say on the main site) and possibly a rebooting of a former business. They're closed to submissions and have three books forthcoming. I see typos (including 'it's' for 'its', which drives me crazy) on the site and the staff have precious little publishing experience. I see nothing on the site about distribution.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm now getting "expired website" at the link above. Here's their blog and Facebook.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Aaand, it's back! Hopefully, things will stabilize soon, because now's the time for pre-release marketing.

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Bandersnatch Website:
Bandersnatch Books is a cooperative of writers, artists, editors and designers who are joined together to bring the best fiction to the reader that’s possible.

No one has any previous publishing experience and where biographies are given for the founders, it does not appear that those citing editorial experience have worked for a commercial publisher.

It seems from their blog that the first release will be The Dreadful Doctor Faust by Karen Koehler, but I'm not clear when that is supposed to happen and there's a disturbing lack of information on the site as to where it can be purchased from - certainly there isn't any obvious way to buy it from the site direct.

It appears also the The Dreadful Doctor Faust was not intended to be the first release - that was meant to be The People On The Island by T m Wright but apparently they had cover issues, which does not reinforce confidence.

All in all, while I think they're a well-intentioned group of people, I'd want to see what happens to the books that they manage to actually get out first.

MM

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Wright's book was in fact released a couple months before Kohler's (which is now marked "no longer available"). Third and latest release is an anthology.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site and blog are gone, FB last updated 7/12.

Torill

Not as trollish as you might think
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like they've started up again: Link

Pretty website, a few books offered for sale on their store page, a call for submissions (window will close in May). No information about owners, distribution, royalties or fees ? – or anything at all, really. They're starting a classics project, hoping to release the first book in "mid-2022" and asking for donations through a 'Classics Patronage Program' ...

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
Bet my bottom dollar it's one person, with one book on Amazon, with a truly s****y cover, ranked #1.5 million in store. Just trying to legitimize their own stuff with a "publishing company."

You can achieve #1.5 million in store on your own self-publishing too. And buy a far better cover! Which is what she should have done rather than made an LLC with no income and that fancy website.

smh.