• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agent] Ashley Glenn

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
WN does not "assign" agents. Did this Ashley contact you saying so?

Andrew Jameson

(not his real name)
Registered
Reaction score
Hum. Dunno nuthin' about Writers.net, but here's Ashley Glenn, and his profile lists a client who I assume is Elwyn (going by your home page, Elwyn). My inclination is to suspect something wonky with the software that sets up one's profile at Writers.net, erroneously linking agents and "clients". Never attribute to malice etc.

[edit: especially since Ashley's page lists 33 clients. I randomly looked at about twenty other agents listed on Writers.net, and those twenty listed a grand total of one client. I assume clients listed are only those who also have a profile at Writers.net, so even an established agent would likely only have a handful of clients actually listed. If you noticed this right on establishing your profile, Elwyn, I'll bet it's a bug in their script that doesn't correctly clear a field, and it's happened to 30+ other people.]

Last edited:

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Man, I wish getting an agent was that easy! LOL

I, too, have yet to be assigned an agent through WN. Alas...

:Shrug:

J. Y. Moore

Registered
Reaction score
I've been a member of WN for almost a year - no agent here either :mad: - I'm jealous. Of couse, I don't envy the disappointment you may be experiencing either.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com

ThatGuy

Registered
Reaction score
This is weird. A new poster on WN just stated that his book is coming out with PA and lists his agent as Ashley Glenn.

Last edited:

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
I don't see why you can't belong to WN while being a PA author. I know I did before I cancelled my contract with PA. Also, I also had Michael Mirolla as a tutor, only for Quality of Course in Ottawa, and I also think he is a fine mentor and tutor.

This is weird. A new poster on WN just stated that his book is coming out with PA and lists his agent as Ashley Glenn.

Here's what this new "published" author has next to his bio:

I am twenty one and currently living in Abilene, Texas, a fantastic city that I truly love. At first, my major goal in life was to be a video game designer, programming games. But that didn't last long as my true interest has always been writing science fiction stories. I graduated from Abilene Eagle Charter, one of the best schools, I think. Throughout my efforts to be an author, I have received a lot of support ,encouragement, and guidance from all of my family, friends, and my great tutor Michael Mirolla.
I didn't plan to attend college as I went with the flow and found Winghill writing school to further my education. They have been like a college because of the solid advice I've obtained from my tutor and constructive criticism I've had to deal with throughout my learning experience. I've been told from many people that I am quite talented and have a knack for writing science fiction.
The school has helped make my dream come true and I am certain to write many more science fiction novels in the future. I have a high drive and flaming passion to be one of the great authors of today. I learned about your publication from an actual science fiction author by the name of Billy Joe Sharp Jr. I e-mailed him some of my story and he thought it had a great shot at getting published and so suggested a terrific publication. I have become published, it will be my first book in print. But hopefully not my last!

Reads like a true PA writer, to be sure.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
The question is about Ashley Glenn.

What kind of agent sells a client's book to PublishAmerica?
Ummmm....that's a rhetorical kind of a question, right? Asked and answered by implication?

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com

Here's what this new "published" author has next to his bio:
I am very uncomfortable with posting people's personal information in this way. It seems unnecessarily denigrating to me. We already know that many PA authors are misguided, misled, deluded, or just plain ignorant--I don't see that we need to publicly humiliate them by holding their naive statements up to ridicule--especially when they aren't here to respond and defend themselves. Even if this wasn't your intent in your post, ThatGuy, it's the general effect. It would have been enough simply to point out the Ashley Glenn-PA connection.

- Victoria

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Considering Ashley's age, and the fact she's registered on dozens of "networking" sites (example), I'll bet she opened an agent account on WN in ignorance and simply "friended" a bunch of people.