Story has potential but No Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reece10

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just got a response to a childrens manuscript I sent to a publisher. It basically said it has potential but forget it!

It read like this: UGGHHHH!!!

Thank you for your submission. I’ve taken a good look at your work and passed it on to the editorial director for his view also. Although it was agreed that XXX has potential, I’m afraid that we have outlined our publishing list for 2013 and the first half of 2014 and will not be taking it any further.
Thank you for your time and consideration in XX Publishing. I’d like to take this opportunity to wish you the very best of luck in finding a publisher for your work.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Hi All,

I just got a response to a childrens manuscript I sent to a publisher. It basically said it has potential but forget it!

It read like this: UGGHHHH!!!

Thank you for your submission. I’ve taken a good look at your work and passed it on to the editorial director for his view also. Although it was agreed that XXX has potential, I’m afraid that we have outlined our publishing list for 2013 and the first half of 2014 and will not be taking it any further.
Thank you for your time and consideration in XX Publishing. I’d like to take this opportunity to wish you the very best of luck in finding a publisher for your work.

Actually, no hard darts on you for this one. This is an admitted case where their slots are filled at the present and foreseeable future. I've received several of these in the past three months.

Status
Not open for further replies.