• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Critique] Zentao7 / Z7

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone here had any experience with this site? I looked at it because I need a novel critique.

The rules mention a 'free' membership for a number of weeks, but nothing is mentioned about future cost.

I don't want to sign a blank check.

I am very willing to critique other work for a critique of mine, but I wonder about the requirements.

Also, this site might be geared to only scifi and fantasy, but I couldn't clearly tell. My book is mainstream suspenseful action/adventure, I don't know if I fit in there.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
This place?

http://www.zentao7.com/

Any middle-skilled and/or advanced fiction writers and novel writers, as well as, of course, published fiction authors, of any genre who wish to attempt a trial membership who do abide z7's strict rules, including those against plagiarism and copyright infringement, may apply IF the applicant is known to a member in good standing of this organization, that member-in-good-standing sponsor to be responsible for that applicant's and/or trial member's actions and any or all liabilities incurred from that applicant's participation in z7 until permanent membership is achieved.

Presently, our roster is very full, and we are working with our newest trial members to ensure them a working understanding of the group. Membership is by invitation only

Remember, participation is mandatory in this group, so please be serious about your commitment before asking a member to sponsor you.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I believe 'Zentao' is one of the owners of TheDeepening.com and the website Uncle Jim posted belongs to *ahem* 'him or her'.

The following is only a personal opinion:
If so, it's interesting when I consider that 'Zen' regularly bashes AW on a few blogs. My favorite is about Zen's agreement with Teddy to 'anonymous screen names' being the guise of cowards.

End of personal opinion.

ETA: Actually, this is at the end of that site:
Z7 Novel Writers Group is cooperatively owned by Kathi, Goshwin, Ted, BJ, DW, DA, Zen, Winky, Minerva, Womblin, and ed. It's sitting Board of Directors is Ted, DW, Minerva, DA, and BJ.

Nothing like telling people who you really aren't.

Last edited:

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. It's tough finding someone writing something similar at the same stage for a critique swap.

I guess that site still has kinks to work out.