• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Formatting svcs] Bookow

ashiish

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to report my experience with www.bookow.com. If you go to the web site, it looks quite impressive. The concept of a utility which will convert your word document into a CS or LS pdf is great, and there are testimonials.

I have a small problem - the promoter, Steve, took my money on 4 October, and seems to have disappeared with it.

I did get a couple of replies, but now the email trail has gone cold.

I'm wondering how the testimonials happened. Perhaps my experience isn't representative of what others experienced?

Regards
Ashish

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I assume Steve is the person behind the site. That's not good at all. I hope you manage to get your money back, at least.

Meanwhile, if you visit AW's self publishing room you'll find several threads there which discuss how to format books for e-publication yourself: you might well find that it's not as daunting as you thought it might be.

ashiish

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you. For my current book, which is my first, I have two typefaces, a fleuron and a some illustrations. I will also have a print version.

I'll check the resources you pointed me to. In the long run, I will build up my own skills, but for this book I'm more comfortable working with an expert. I am working with another book designer, Dick Margulis. I've only signed up yesterday, after exchanging some emails. Dick seems professional and helpful.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found Steve (of Bookow) on the Createspace boards, where he seems well respected. So, I checked out the Bookow site. The testimonials there are for books he's formatted for various authors. They include links to the books themselves, on Amazon. I thought that all seemed quite legit, so I took a chance on him.

I thought he did a great job, at a price and speed I was happy with as well. Also, he didn't charge me until the job was done. I found him very pleasant to work with, too.

I'm very pleased and would definitely use Bookow again.

Last edited: