Favorite Christian Fantasy Authors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
Bill Hand, The Oneprince. It had a tumultous development and I suspect that's why it's not as well-known as some other books, but I tripped over the first half in the school library and read it about a million times.

Mr. Mask

Registered
Reaction score
Tolkien, C.S Lewis, George MacDonald. I'm also taking a shine to Brandon Sanderson.

Mr. Mask

Registered
Reaction score
I think he might be of a Mormon sect which identifies more strongly with other Christians. Either way, I find it hard to not like a guy who watches Veggie Tales.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Madeleine L'Engle, Michelle Griep if you like C-fic time-travel stories. Most folks feel t.t. stories are spec-fic. It's not easy to tell a story like this from a Christian worldview, but it's doable...I managed one and am working on two sequels once I take the first one indie.

Dunedain

Envinyatar
Registered
Reaction score
C.S. Lewis and Tolkien, obviously. Others include Wayne Thomas Batson and Donita K. Paul, whose book series' I much enjoyed. They're YA and middlegrade, but still really good and their world building is incredibly deep (especially in Donita K. Paul's DragonKeeper Chronicles). Definitely something to learn from.

I'll come back if I think of any others.

Status
Not open for further replies.