• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The LKG Agency (Lauren Galit)

JAG4584

Registered
Reaction score
http://lkgagency.com
Lauren Galit: $ A literary agent at The LKG Agency (P&E)

Nothing on publishers marketplace-I can only think because she works only with magazines.

Any input is appreciated.

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
I thought most agents didn't bother with magazine submissions.

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
The website says that they deal with nonfiction books, but that Galit's background was in magazines, before she switched to working with John Boswell, a book packager. And that they are adept at guiding magazine writers into the book world.
Mention on MediaBistro, saying they're seeking new nonfic authors.
Mention on Miss Snark a while back, from Publisher's Lunch:
IndieBride.com "IndieEtiquette" columnist Elise Mac Adam's SOMETHING NEW: Wedding Etiquette for Rule Breakers, Traditionalists, and Everyone in Between, a modern guide to wedding etiquette, including case studies that show how careful manipulation of etiquette can spare all kinds of heartache, to Emily Westlake at Simon Spotlight Entertainment, by Lauren Galit at LKG Agency.
And here's one quoted on Dear Author:
TLC’s “What Not to Wear” Nick Arrojo’s GREAT HAIR, revealing styling secrets for all hair types and teaches women how to get the looks they want while keeping their hair healthy and beautiful, to Sheila Curry Oakes at St. Martin’s, in a good deal, by Lauren Galit at LKG Agency (World).

-Barbara

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any personal experience or query her lately?

KCathy

Writer when I grow up
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherinebusinelle.com
I queried her via email and attached my proposal (as specified at her entry in agentquery.com). Her assistant wrote back two days later ("Thanks for sending your proposal. We'd like to see a sample chapter - any one is good, we just want to get a feel for your writing and for the book.").

I wrote back that day to tell her I was attaching the requested material and wrote back an hour later because I'd forgotten the attachment (ouch, reeeeeeal professional). That was about three weeks ago, so not enough time has gone by to know yet what will happen. So far they seem professional and just fine, an opinion I'm sure I'll have whether she decides to represent me or not.

KCathy

Writer when I grow up
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherinebusinelle.com
Her assistant sent back a rejection six weeks after requesting the full, which seems like a good response time to me. She also took the time to give me a specific compliment and three specific, well-explained reasons they didn't want to take the project. I feel like I had the best experience possible with a rejection: kind words and useful criticism that will help me improve the proposal before sending it out again.

Hopefully you'll be able to come back and tell us she's a good agent for writers she accepts, too. ;-)

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I am still waiting, but thanks for sharing your experience. Sorry it didn't work out. I hope you get the next one.

AndiBabe

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with Lauren Galit since this thread was first written? I see that the agency now handles MG and YA as well as nonfiction.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
On Querytracker the last comment was from January of this year when someone became her client. The last comment before that is from February 2014.