• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Rebecca Strong International Literary Agency

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any dealings with Rebecca Strong? P&E shows "$." Her website isn't the world's most helpful. So, anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
The usual -- "I sent her a submission and I waited [one day, six months, one year] to hear back only to find she reps [only kid's lit, every genre but mine]..." And so forth.

richcapo

Knight Templar
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if she accepts chapters as Word attachments or only as embedded text? Her website doesn't say, and I can't find anything anywhere else that does.

Thanks.

_Richard

sb2brown

Registered
Reaction score
Info from the website

There's not a lot of info on their website. However, there is this:

"Beginning Jan 2009 the agency will only be accepting submissions via email to the following address: [email protected]. The subject line should clearly indicate the words 'submission query'. Please include a cover letter with your proposal. If you are submitting a work of fiction, then please include one or two complete chapters only. Consideration time is usually between 6-8 weeks. Please be aware that this is a small agency, however, and we thank you for your patience."

Nothing about who the agents are, what they are interested in, and only 8 books on the scroll in their "books" section. I guess I'll submit my memoir and proposal. Since it doesn't say how to send the proposal, I'll send the query in the email body and the proposal (which is close to 50 pages including the sample writing) as a pdf file.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, the (recent) sales announcements I'm finding are all for foreign rights on behalf of other agencies. Agents named are Valentina Colombo, Stefania Fietta, and Katherine West.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Closed last year. (LinkedIn page.)