Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
The Junk welcomes you to Purgatory Vol. 7:
thejunk.jpg

When you're no longer mesmerized by his come-hither glare, you'll notice that the furniture is cleaned and rearranged in a more comfortable pattern, the bar is fully stocked, and there are plenty of dark corners for those who wish to retire from the general zaniness for a time.

Please note that the cleaning staff is patient and forgiving, but they request that the wild parties end before 7 am because they don't like vacuuming around us.

And... here we go.

Kris

like motherf&cking Tolstoy
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
*streaks through new thread*

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
*looks around*

It's so... clean...:cry:

*downs bottle of vodka*

*tosses it in the corner*

that's better...

:D

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
The cake was amazing. Dark and rich and chocolatey. The icing was made with cream cheese. Om nom nom.

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Must. Make. First. Page.

*drags in couch*

*sits down*

*grimaces at new house smell*

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, I think so. I can make Darkmatter Dog's neck and cheek skin do something similar.

ETA: Though I'm not sure about the eyeballs, haha!

Last edited:

Elisabetta

Watching the world go by
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabethloupas.com
Mmmmm, bread! And Killer Brownies! And cake! And darling smiley doggies.

And here's a Turkish book fort:

turkishbookvilladusesinzaferi.jpg
turkishbookfort.jpg

I don't have the letters with the right dots and squigglies, but it's S3COND DUCH3SS in Turkish, or DUS3SIN ZAF3RI. Go, Turkey! :)

Last edited:

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
A new thread! I must welcome Purgatory Vol. 7 with good news. :)

GUESS WHAT?!?! (I know I’m way more excited than I should be, but hang with me.)

I sent that RQ on the mystery to a small publisher last month. Got a nice R this morning. Yet another “you’re very talented, loved the MC and dialogue, excellent writing, but I’m going to pass, please send me your next one.”

Keep reading. It gets better.

In mind of what Fire said about the lady who thanked her, I emailed back. I said “thank you for the kind words. Can you please tell me WTH is wrong with this book?” or something like that. ;)

She replied. And she did. And I totally got it as soon as I read her comments.

Still gets better: she said it showed “gumption” to ask what was wrong, and that if I wanted to rework the ms, she’d like to read it again when I’m done! :snoopy:

So, welcome, Vol. 7, with my very first R&R. :heart: Yes, I realize it’s likely (or at least very possible) to end up in an R anyway. But I have tons of ideas and I do think this will make it a better book, and so maybe if she passes in the end then I can go back to agents or to another small press or, you know, SP a better novel. And best of all? I don’t suck! She said she “loved” the mystery and the writing.

Here’s one quote (from a really long, nice email that also said “don’t hesitate to email me with questions or for clarification.”): "When Nichelle is in the mystery, reporting, doing her job, your storytelling is right there -- the pace is clipping along, I'm hooked and want to keep turning those pages. ... Every time I was in the mystery, I was excited. Finding a gem in the slush pile is not an easy task. :D I went back and forth, loving the mystery parts, hating the romance parts, until the romance finally made me stop.”

Somehow the “hating the romance parts” doesn’t even bother me. It just makes me want to fix it. And it’s not like I don’t have a great wealth of knowledge to draw from here. ;)

So, check me into the revisionland hotel. I’m calling dibs on Blond and Evie’s seats at the bar! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.