Reaction score
...Mayan Prophecy (?) :Shrug:

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...Mayan Prophecy?

Did they make a doomsday prophecy, or did they just run out of nice round rocks?

My Gregorian 2012 calendar ends December 31, but I have confidence State Farm will send me another for 2013. Could be we haven't found the next stone their insurance company sent the Mayans.

I don't exactly hate it, but I do miss Christmas carols.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
"Holiday season".

F- that. I'm celebrating Christmas because it's the funnest. Celebrate what you wish, but don't hush me when I say, "Merry Christmas", because you think other people's feelings might get hurt.

Last edited:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...Celebrate what you wish, but don't hush me when I say, "Merry Christmas", because you think other people's feeling might get hurt.

*High-fives Will* ;)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Heat. It's the start of Summer down here on the bottom of the world. It's meant to be a long, hot one...

We've already had 1 day at 40C, which is over 100F, and that was before Summer officially started!

Otherwise, I tend to like December. Few responsibilities and at the end of the month the family and I exchange gifts. I, for one, like the gift-giving tradition. :)

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I can't think of anything that I like about December.

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
I know I'm going to come off all scrooge, but the Salvation Army bells ringers. Seriously. I live in a college town with tons of malls and big-box stores and they are everywhere! I also hate the fact that every time I walk by and don't put something in the kettle the bell ringer and all the good souls around them glare at me.

One of the local radio stations also turns to all Christmas music right after Thanksgiving and starting December 1 every single restaurant and mall in town, not to mention most the people I know (especially my mother) blare it top volume until new year. Ugh. I love Christmas music, but the variety around here is really sad. If I hear "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by the Jackson 5 one more time...I might go hide under the bed with Kelly.

Chrissy

Bright and Early for the Daily Race
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing. I live in Florida. mkaythxbai.

Seraph

Registered
Reaction score
figaroooooooooooooo

Last edited:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Did they make a doomsday prophecy, or did they just run out of nice round rocks?

The next set of dates *might* have been destroyed when the Spanish stripped and melted down all of the gold they could find. There is an account of at least one giant circle object which was stolen, so it is quite possible that the calendar moved on into the future some ways...

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
B****ing people. I swear, 90% of the people that come into the store I work at can do nothing but sneer, kvetch, complain and be nasty to others--especially those of us behind the counter. Before Turkey Day, the same people were happy and joking, but now--not now. I really hate the stress the holidays put people under that make them change so dramatically.

GinnieHazel

Registered
Reaction score
The cold. I'm in a rented house and haven't figured out how to get the heating to work. If I cuddle up in bed my feet still go numb from the cold and I'm living with a hot water bottle on my feat.

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
Ginnie- wow. That's terrible. I assume you've located your thermostat and turned the heat switch on? If you have a pilot light it might have gone out. Otherwise, you should call your landlord asap. That's no way to live. Other things you can do include picking up that awesome plastic covering for inside and outside your windows. It usually comes with the sticky tape to put it up. That will block drafts. Be sure your windows are caulked properly too. Check your vents for blocks. And get some extra blankets.

good luck and stay warm!

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I only hate December if it's snowing, which it usually is by now up here...but it's warm right now...which is crazy, but awesome!

Wait, I live where it's supposed to be snowing and it was in the 60's today...yep, world's gonna end.

Booker

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
The end of another year makes me feel ...yeap

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Christmas presents put strain on my finances and stress me out, and I've got a revision deadline looming on top of that.

But apart from that, I love December. Rain! Hot chocolates! Snow! Quiet days at work when everyone goes home for the holidays. :)

adarkfox

designs books | writes books
Registered
Reaction score
I hate this december because yesterday it was seventy degrees. I live in Iowa, I'm supposed to have snow!

Beatlemaniac

Imma Mum-Mum
Registered
Reaction score
I only hate December if it's snowing, which it usually is by now up here...but it's warm right now...which is crazy, but awesome!

Wait, I live where it's supposed to be snowing and it was in the 60's today...yep, world's gonna end.

Yep, me too. It hit 63 today in my corner of the world. At least if the world's gonna end, it will end with warmth--that would make me a happy camper.

I can't complain too much about December. I have a birthday coming up soon, and I love Christmas!

But, the one thing that always brings me sadness this time of the year is the fact John Lennon was murdered in December, not long before my birthday. :cry:

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
It's cold, the university session is drawing near while I realize I've done NOTHING yet and I get extremely lazy from the Christmas vibes all around :D Not a healthy mix!

StarryEyes

Registered
Reaction score
Nothing! I love everything about December - the snow, the atmosphere, the darkness, the pretty lights in the darkness, the decorations, the solstice, Christmas, the burning log on the fire... Yay!!! :hooray:

Last edited:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing! I love everything about December

...the snow, the atmosphere, the darkness, the pretty lights in the darkness, the decorations, the solstice, Christmas, the burning log on the fire... Yay!!!
:hooray:

Ahhhh, so sweet, so innocent. ;)