Status
Not open for further replies.

LBlankenship

VPXV 4EVA
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lblankenship.blogspot.com
My self-published novel, Disciple, Part I, is currently being featured in the holiday bundle offering at Storybundle.com.

As part of that, I am currently part of an email thread involving all the authors and the organizer, so if people have questions about how this works I may be in a position to get answers.

I can tell you how I got in: I inquired, including a link to my online cover art, blurb and sample. They asked for a copy of the ebook to look at. I guess they liked what they saw, because they got back to me in a couple weeks and wanted to put me in this bundle.

I'm thrilled to be in on this, of course, mainly for the promotional opportunity. Any earnings will be icing on the cake.

Mods, if this thread would fit better in another forum (like Background Check?) please teleport it...

sarahdalton

Banned
Reaction score
Is this something you can do in addition to selling on Amazon, Smashwords, Kobo etc or is it something that you have to offer exclusively?

If it's the former I agree that the promotional opportunity is good. They have a large facebook and twitter following.

Do you know what it's like sales-wise?

I can see this being popular among the SF&F community.

LBlankenship

VPXV 4EVA
Registered
Reaction score
Website
There's no exclusivity -- the contract explicitly states that you can continue to sell your book elsewhere.

Sales-wise, we've been told that they will set up a sales page for us to check but that isn't up yet. On the first day, our co-ordinator posted "Good first day, we're up to 500!"

For purposes of my own sanity, I'm assuming that's 500... server crashes, or something. Because if I start trying to guesstimate my cut, with all the variables involved, I'll go nuts.

sarahdalton

Banned
Reaction score
It sounds really interesting - thanks for the heads up! Now, I wonder if they are interested in YA...

LBlankenship

VPXV 4EVA
Registered
Reaction score
Website
This may pique some interest...

The bundle went live on December 11th. As of today, the 17th, they've crossed the 1,000 sales mark. The bundle will be available until January 7th.

Their sales report page is up and it looks like I'm earning about 75 cents per.

You'd think that most people would pay the absolute minimum ($1) for six books, but less than a third are paying under the threshold for the two bonus books ($8). More than two thirds are paying at least $8 for the bundle of six plus two bonus books.

So does this promotion work? So far, so good...

Brian G. Wood

ALWAYS GRUMPY
Registered
Reaction score
They're currently looking into my first book for possible inclusion after my KDP Select period ends in march. :D

LBlankenship

VPXV 4EVA
Registered
Reaction score
Website
They're currently looking into my first book for possible inclusion after my KDP Select period ends in march. :D

I'm definitely going to inquire if they'd like to offer Part II of Disciple in a bundle, come May or so...

I wonder how many of the buyers will read my book -- or if they were more interested in one of the other titles. Fascinating stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.