• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

I'll read your novel :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_catalyst

Registered
Reaction score
I got some free time on my hands and would love to find a good read. Preferably YA or NA romance, suspense, or humor.

Email me if you would like another pair of eyes for your story.

jessicaldas(at)hotmail(dot)com

Sincerely,

J. C.

Last edited:

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
When you say no LGBT, do you mean fiction that focuses on LGBT-centric issues, or any fiction with any depiction of homosexual/transgender/bisexual characters?

j_catalyst

Registered
Reaction score
Beta reader available... looking to reading a good story.

I got some free time on my hands and would love to find a good read. I can check grammar, as well. Preferably YA or NA romance, suspense, or humor.

PM me or Email me if you would like another pair of eyes for your book. :)

jessicaldas(at)hotmail(dot)com

Last edited:

Matti_KC

Write to the end.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much for volunteering to read, j_catalyst! I've got a YA contemporary...I'll email you my chapters later today. :)

JLPatton

Registered
Reaction score
Are you still available? I have a novel that is over 184K words that I would like to have read.

object of my charm

Registered
Reaction score
Dear J.C,
I've sent my book details to your email account.
Many thanks,
Bella

dickson

Hairy on the inside
Registered
Reaction score
Are you still interested in taking on more MS? I have a 191 kword First Contact SF novel that I fully expect cries out for developmental editing, rather than a beta read.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I got some free on my hands and would love to find a good read. Preferably YA or NA romance, suspense, or humor.

Email me if you would like another pair of eyes for your story.

You realize that this is your own thread, right?

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
This is also your own thread.

J.C, you might not want to have your e-mail address available online for spambots to find. Especially since you have it here on AW over 60 times. Also, I'm going to merge this with your other identical thread.

j_catalyst

Registered
Reaction score
Yes. I apologize. I was trying to edit my original message but I was using my phone which is an old one (since I had to send my new one in to apple to get the battery changed.) The web brower was acting insane and somehow it replied instead of edited and God knows what else. Arg. But now I’m in the computer, finally!

Anyway, I made myself available for reading last year and really enjoyed it. Had to stop to finish my trilogy. Now, I’m back again. I love reading—especially authors who are starting out.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
It's great you're so enthusiastic to beta read others' novels. However, with 58 specific requests, plus two threads just offering to read whoever e-mails you, I wonder if you're getting in over your head or going to be able to devote the time to each novel that betaing takes. It also might be worth noting that many of the threads you offered in are over a year old. The author may still be interested, but most have probably moved on from the betaing point at this time. That being the case, it's unfair to the people who are actively searching for betas now and recently posted in here to be buried under 3 pages of people who were searching for betas in 2013-2107, as well as being confusing to people who are searching for something to read and now have threads from 2016 appearing to be recent because they're at the top of the forum

I also want to reiterate that having your e-mail out in the public is not a good idea. We usually suggest people send their e-mail address through PM or use the (at) (dot) method of spelling out their e-mail, to avoid getting hit by spambots and other nasties on the internet.

j_catalyst

Registered
Reaction score
I deeply apologize for the inconvenience I caused. I just went through the list looking for projects I would like to help with. I didn’t think it would be a problem. I am currently working from home and had more time in my hands. I couldn’t make a new thread so I just went on offering to those whose story I found interesting. I’m aware that not everyone would respond, so that’s why I reached out to different ones. Again, I apologize. If there’s anything I can do... (Should I delete my post? Will that help?).

And as for my email... I will go back to those threads and replace it with (at) and (dot). Or if you rather I PM them, I can do that too. I meant no disrespect to any of my fellow AW.

So sorry. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.