• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Siyahi (Mita Kapur)

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Siyahi Literary Agency: Agent Mita Kapur

http://siyahi.in/

She's from India. I've seen her info on the Publisher's Marketplace. She's got a $ sign, which is good. A lot of her stuff is from Penguin India, and Harper Collins India and a few other impressive publishers.

Any info on this agency?

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Well I queried her (with the first 3 chaps) in July and she responded right away saying it will take up to 10 weeks, I think? And she got back to me this week (within 6 weeks) with a short and to the point email requesting the full. YAY.

I've checked out some of her books, and I'm really impressed. I know she's a foreign agent, which I am a little unsure about, but I saw her wide range of selected authors (including U.S. authors) and again, I know I keep saying it, but I was really impressed all around.

Has anyone queried her? Is a client of hers? Or knows someone that is?

kaloni

New Author
Registered
Reaction score
Well I queried her (with the first 3 chaps) in July and she responded right away saying it will take up to 10 weeks, I think? And she got back to me this week (within 6 weeks) with a short and to the point email requesting the full. YAY.

I've checked out some of her books, and I'm really impressed. I know she's a foreign agent, which I am a little unsure about, but I saw her wide range of selected authors (including U.S. authors) and again, I know I keep saying it, but I was really impressed all around.

Has anyone queried her? Is a client of hers? Or knows someone that is?

Hi Undercover,

I'd like to know how did this go as I am querying the same agent. Would truly appreciate your feedback and suggestions on this. :)

TIA,

Best regards
Kaloni

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I nudged her after 3 months and got a rejection.

It was just a form, but at least she replied.

kaloni

New Author
Registered
Reaction score
Oh...ok...this journey can be really so challenging at times. Anyway thank you for your feedback. Wishing my best for you and hoping all your dreams come true.

Best regards,
Kaloni

kaloni

New Author
Registered
Reaction score
I saw the number of books you got published by the way just now. Congrats...way to go!!!