• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Mountain Mist Productions

rednael

Good morning.

I am quite new to this site, although I have heard nothing but great things about your dedication to helping protect "young and new" writers like myself.

I would like to open with a question/query.

Does anyone have any insight on an E-Publisher by the name of Mountain Mist?

I recently got their name off of "Preditors & Editors", but there was no listing as to "Recommend" or "Do Not Recommend".

It appears that they may be interested in my work, but I have been burnt twice by unscrupulous literary agents and publishers, and I definately want to avoid the mistakes of the past.

I appreciate any help anyone out there can offer.

Thank you.

Leander Beatty Jr.
[email protected]

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Is this the one? http://mtnmist.seekbooks.com.au/ If so, looks to be a small indie pub, probably POD. A big issue with ebooks is how to attract readers. There is a growing segment of folks with e-readers and/or willing to read off PDAs, so I'd investigate how Mist would get your book in front of 'em.

roach

annoyed and annoying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.idiorhythmic.net
I could not find Mountain Mist books on Fictionwise, EbookAd, Cyberread, Mobipocket or Amazon.

This is not a good sign, akin to going into your local bookstore and looking for printed books from a publisher and not finding them there.

What this tells me is that Mountain Mist (which has been in business since 2000, according to the website) is not getting their e-books out where customers can find them.

(As an aside, only about 15% of sales of Eggplant Literary Productions e-books come from the website, the rest are through vendors such as those listed above.)

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Good golly Miss Molly! That has to be the ugliest website I've seen this year.

On the other hand, it's kind of reassuring to know they aren't spending all their money on a slick-looking site.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Had an ezine for a time, but that shut down last year. Publishes strictly from within community/writers' group.