• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Gotham Literary Agency (Nathalie Scott)

Robert5181

Registered
Reaction score
This company is owned by Nathalie Scott and I can't find any information on sales or clients. Please help

Thanks.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
I'm not at home and don't have access to my files--but I can confirm that this agency charges fees, including an hourly fee for agent services in making sub missions.

No sales for this agency as far as I'm aware.

- Victoria

nessam

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Couldn't find anything reputable about them. All I found was that Miss Snark hates them. But then I'm not all that shocked considering they are named after a fictional city that Batman lives in.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
From my files: Nathalie Scott of Gotham Literary currently charges $55 per submission, which includes a half-hour representation fee. She sends out 5 submissions per month. She also offers editing for a flat fee of $5,000 (it's a conflict of interest for an agent to double as a paid editor).

She has been around since at least 2002 (previously she was with the Caroline Hutton Agency, which also charges fees), but to my knowledge she has no track record of commercial book sales.

- Victoria

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Well someone got's to pay for the batcave's upkeep, batmobile and alfred. :p
Not to mention the exorbitant cost of imprinting nipples into latex suits these days. Damned recession!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Crisci books are out now, by "Orca Publishing Company" of Carlsbad, which ... all evidence suggests he owns. (Not to be confused with Orca Publishing Company of Oregon.)

As for Ms. Gray, considering that 1) there are a few Gothams out there (bizare example) and 2) her books are with imprints of Houghton Mifflin and S&S, I dare say her agent isn't with the Gotham under discussion here.