• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for YA Steampunk Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a beta for my YA Steampunk Fantasy, 'The White Curse', which is complete at 59000 words. I wouldn't mind swapping projects with someone who is at a similar place (if you have a complete mid-length YA project. Please, nothing more than 70000 words, 75000 max).

As for a bit about me, I'm still finding my feet around AW, but I have beta-ed for AW members before. If you want to see my critique style, browse through my comments in the YA SYW posts to get a rough feel. I've also posted an excerpt of the first chapter there (which has been edited since).

One final thing, the novel is in third person present tense. I thought it was important to mention, since some people don't like reading that POV.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

Tsiamon

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'd be happy to discuss the possibility of swapping with you, but my work is closer to 90,000 words. If it turns out you don't get any other offers, can't find anybody else interested or change your mind, look me up. I've got YA fantasy (contemp.), as well.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Yup. I think I'm good on the beta front now. :) Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.