• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Sage Ink Lit / Sage Ink Group

Patrick.S

Registered
Reaction score
I was followed on twitter today by Christian Lee the "Founder and CEO" of Sage Ink Literary. I haven't heard of them and I couldn't find a thread for them or for Mr. Lee here. There were some pretty big red flags during my cursory glance at their website, the biggest being a WIX hosted website and Patriotism being listed as their #1 value. Not quite sure what that has to do with the business of selling books. Has anyone heard of these folks?

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. Jim Melvin used to post here a lot so he should know his way around. Perhaps he'll drop by and relate his experience with them

Pony.

Aspiring supervillain
Registered
Reaction score
Is it just me or is it odd that he's using a free web hosting service like wix? Sure, wix sells premium services and add-ons but as chaotic as that web page is I'm not so sure he's taking advantage of them.

anastasia091

Registered
Reaction score
I've also been followed by this guy. I'll be honest, it really does not seem very legit. 'CEO' sounds very Wall Street to me, and much less like a professional literary agency.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Same here, and I did a search a few days back, and I found nothing here on AW about this agency, or elsewhere on the web. Did a little poking around and I found nothing except references to a crowd funding drive, which makes me pretty suspicious.

No idea if this person has any experience with agenting or the publishing industry. People do pose as agents when they're really charlatans with reading fees or are fronts for vanity presses. But some also do so with good intentions but not a prayer in hell of actually selling a novel.

All due caution is advised.

Last edited: